Skills: Budget / Cost Control
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Three Rivers, Texas, United States
Looking for a career opportunity? Come join Wood as a Cost Controller in Three Rivers, TX. Wood offers health benefits, 401k, vacation and more. The cost controller works in daily collaboration with other Finance Analysts, Operations Specialists, Engineers, Supply Chain professionals, and other functional specialists as required, to build a sufficient understanding of the asset spend in order to produce cost tracking and analysis products. **Candidates must live within a 60 mile radius or be willing to relocate***
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Monthly spend reporting for O&M Organization
- Preparation of data for monthly accruals utilizing Microsoft Excel and SAP
- Work with Invoice Processing Group to ensure correct coding is on invoices
- Analyze work orders and AFE cost reports to ensure items are being charged out correctly and creating journal entries when necessary
- AFE complete well cost for new wells online (specifically Artificial Lift Costs)
- Capture the individual projects information to assist the Senior Cost Analyst in producing the monthly accruals, monthly forecast, major outlook and long range plan
Skills / Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience as a cost/finance analyst
- Excellent communication skills to be able to communicate with various groups in the organization.
- Experience in Microsoft Excel to manipulate data with pivot tables, graphs and formulas for reporting.
- Knowledge of accounting principles, AFEs and data analytics.
- Knowledge of SAP navigation. Will utilize SAP to search for work orders and notifications, pulling cost reports for monthly spend reporting and creating JEs
- Willing and able (with or without reasonable accommodation) to travel 10% of the time on an annual basis
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Accounting, Construction Management, Engineering or related discipline or foreign equivalent
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and SAP
- Experience in unconventional operations is a plus
- Experience of and aptitude for working in a diverse cultural environment
- Proven skills to handle rapid changes and process promptly large volumes of data
- Ability to prioritize work and navigate between detailed and overall approaches
- Self-disciplined to control the quality of deliverables
- Demonstrable oral presentation and written communication skills
- Demonstrable interpersonal and team leading skills
- Take ownership of actions and follows through on dedications by holding others accountable and standing up for what's right
- Builds effective solutions based on available information and makes timely decisions that are safe and ethical
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.