Skills: Refinery / Plant Operator
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Andrews, Texas, United States
Looking for a long-term career opportunity? Come join Wood as a Plant Operator in Andrews, TX. Wood offers health benefits, 401k, vacation, LTD/STD and more.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
Responsible for assisting in the operation and maintenance of a natural gas processing facility to ensure optimum plant performance. Knowledge of systems controls for natural gas processing, product treating, and compression is required.
- Monitor all process variables and make needed adjustments in Natural Gas Liquid extraction and Production Safety Management facilities
- Startup and shutdown of compressors and pumps
- Operation and monitoring of SCADA
- Partner with other employees, and contractors to ensure that all equipment is operating at peak efficiency
- Utilize Computerized Maintenance Management System to create work orders for inventory and work planning/prioritization
- Optimize processing throughout the facility and maintain proper product specifications
- Responsible for plant start up or shut down when needed
- Monitoring plant remotely via electronic surveillance devices to insure operations are running smoothly
- Provides guidance to Plant Tech and Mechanics to insure plant is operating at ideal levels
- Communicates plant performance and remediation recommendations to ICC and local leadership
Skills / Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Candidates must live within 50 miles of Andrews, Texas OR be willing to relocate without assistance
- 1-3 years of CO2 reinjection plant/field operations experience
- Ability to work day and night shift (rotating days/nights)
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.