Skills: Maintenance Technician, Electrical Technician, Instrumentation Technician
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is searching for an Automation Specialist with experience in the oil and gas industry.
Work schedule of 14x14 with a work terminal out of Galliano, LA.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
- Helps to ensure operations are completed in accordance with regulatory requirements, company controls and guidelines; they contribute to the safe and efficient operations through competent operation and maintenance of process systems and associated equipment; primarily engaged with functional support of instruments and control systems.
• Must maintain and interface with the day to day activities of the Instrument and Electrical Technicians'(I&E) work involving changes to the facility control systems. Also, works directly with the Automation Engineers to investigate and deliver innovation that will provide a more reliable process safety system, which will maintain facility integrity.
• Assist the IT and construction personnel with system issues; ensure the work order system is in place and maintained to track inventory and high maintenance items.
• Assist the Maintenance/Mechanical function in setting short-term priorities for platform maintenance needs to meet agreed targets and ensure that the maintenance of the platform operating equipment will deliver maximum production in a cost effective and environmentally responsible and safe manner.
• Help develop procedure to ensure that processes are in place and are effective for the safe operation and isolation of the facilities.
• Integrate maintenance activities into the overall facilities planning and monitoring.
• Ensure control and safety systems correspond with P&ID's and SAFE charts. Ensure system and control drawings are kept up to date and accurate.
• Determine contractor needs for projects as needed.
• Interface with management, operations, and engineering for day-to-day operations and new project execution.
• Ensure preventative and pro-active measures are followed to maintain safety and control system integrity.
• Assist in system design and implementation as needed; monitor and maintain spare parts inventory applicable to systems and controls; maintain systems and control portion of the facility.
• Debug and optimize automation programs; maintain program and system files backup; maintain software and communication networks. (e.g. Ethernet, Data Highway Plus, RS logic, RS Net, Devicenet, Control Net, and Modbus).
• Assist Maintenance and I&E with troubleshooting procedures for equipment such as pumps, compressors, generators and process equipment.
• Maintenance upgrades and repair of computers including servers, HMI monitoring, control computers and local touch screen interface panels.
• Develop PLC and HMI programs for new equipment as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
Skills / Qualifications
Required: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 3-5 years of experience in Automation or I&E maintenance.
Preferred: Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; 5-10 years' experience in Automation or I&E maintenance; very knowledgeable of PLC programming a plus.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.