Skills: Installation Engineer, Subsea Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Trondheim, Trøndelag, Norway
Requirements Engineer Trondheim, Norway
Start date, August 2021
End date, End of December 2021
For an engineering client of Leap29 we seek to engage a Requirements Engineer on a contract basis. The role would ideally suit a 5+ year experienced engineer in electrical power system design, with a preference for candidates that have a cross functional discipline background.
The key focus of this role is to lead the system design of subsea power systems and/or electrical specification of subsea power equipment,
For more information or to apply, please contact Angus McCormick directly.
Areas of Responsibility:
• Lead the system design of subsea power systems and/or electrical specification of subsea power equipment
• Planning of engineering work to be performed in the assigned studies and projects, and identifying resource needs as appropriate
• Individual creation of specifications, reports, procedures technical proposals for tenders, studies and simulations (MATLAB), FEED and delivery projects
• Manage component suppliers in all phases of the project, from sales to engineering
• Review of work performed by assigned project resources and mentoring of them (depending on experience)
• Reports to group manager of System Engineering with project reporting to the Technical Project Manager
• Candidates with the right skills and attitude may also be given the role of Technical Project Manager in projects, or the ability to develop into this role
Experience and qualifications:
• Higher education in electrical power engineering with strong system understanding
• Minimum 5 years experience in electrical power system design, with a preference for candidates that have cross functional (mechanical, electrical, control system) working experience
• Working experience with power equipment like transformers, switch gears and variable speed drives
• Good knowledge of relevant and applicable international standards for electrical system design
• Experience from offshore oil and gas projects and/or subsea projects is preferred, but not essential
• Good capability to collaborate with international teams and different company cultures
• Able to lead tasks independently
• Comfortable with customer facing activities
• Working language is English, but competence in one of the Scandinavian languages is beneficial
The deadline for this role is urgent, and so I would urge candidates who are interested to contact Angus McCormick directly for more information or to apply.
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!