Be part of a successful team
Responsible for Engineering associated with the manufacturing process. Develops an operational year plan for own manufacturing activities of the team. Suggests improvements in products, processes and procedures. Partner with the best
As a Manufacturing Engineer, you will be responsible to:
Fuel your passion
- Own the manufacturing engineering activities for the pillar NPI and CPO projects including:
- Influence design to ensure new designs are optimised for manufacture, performance, yield and cost
- Lead PFMEA and Process Mapping activities to identify manufacturing risks and optimise build/test processes
- Design, procurement and validation of manufacturing, assembly and test tooling/fixtures
- Development of assembly processes and procedures
- Preparation and release of Work Instructions detailing critical assembly operations
- Creation of product routings within ERP system
- Support all aspects of pre-production and post-launch production through to project closure.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- HNC/HND or equivalent experience in mechanical or manufacturing engineering discipline
- Understanding of Light Electromechanical Assembly.
- Knowledge of Design for Manufacturability, Lean Manufacturing techniques, Quality System, and SPC tools
- Hands-on capability with good knowledge of manufacturing and calibration processes.
- Provide electro-mechanical support to production floor
- Ability to use CAD (AutoCAD or Pro/Engineer) to design fixtures and analyse product designs
- Lead and be contributing member of cross functional teams
- Strong background in interpretation of Engineering drawings/specifications, and manufacturing process planning/evaluation.
- Strong Analytical & problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience in technical writing and procedure development.
- Manage own performance against agreed goal and project objectives, accountable for quality, on time delivery and budget.
Work in a way that works for you
- Experience of using SAP ERP
- Certified Six Sigma Green Belt
- Experience with pressure measurement technologies
- Support and/or Design experience with calibration and characterization systems
- Experience with setting up and maintaining welding processes
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other. Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we™re committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we™re always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire yoAbout Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.