Company: WTS Energy
Skills: HR - General
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
The Director of Compensation, Benefits, and HRIS is responsible for the design, oversight and administration of all employee compensation, benefits programs and HRIS system.
T his role is responsible for developing, recommending, and implementing creative and cost effective, new, or modified plans and policies that provide a competitive employee value proposition and are sound business decisions for the organization.
The Director, supervises the administration of all plans, propose changes, ensure regulatory compliance, and ensure effective implementation of compensation and benefits programs and HRIS integration.
The Director will oversee the compensation function; planning, developing, and implementing employee and executive compensation programs, establishing programs to support the organization's goals and competitive practices.
The Director ensures data integrity as well as compensation and benefit plan compliance with company policies, procedures and stays abreast of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
The Director is a strong advocate and keeper of company culture; will be responsible for building a strategy to strengthen overall recruitment and retention strategies to attract and retain high caliber leaders and talents.
Duties And Responsibilities
• Responsible for the overall administration, design, implementation, and evaluation of the Company's compensation programs (executive, technical, professional, and hourly compensation structure, classification, compensation benchmarking, annual merit review, stock grant awards and administration)
• Responsible for the overall administration, design, implementation, and evaluation of the Company's benefit programs (including health & welfare, qualified and non-qualified retirement plans).
• Work closely with executive management to develop a benefit strategy and recommendations that are aligned with company goals and responsible for execution of changes.
• Plans, develops, recommends, and implements new and revised compensation programs, policies, and procedures to be responsive to goals and competitive practices as well as providing a competitive advantage with surrounding talent market, business organizations and neighboring projects.
• Directs a small staff engaged in the compensation and benefits department's programs, including job evaluations, development of job descriptions, salary recommendations, benefits, and incentive programs.
• Assist senior executive leadership in the preparation of materials for relevant compensation committee and board approval.
• Supports HR Generalists in the process for job upgrades and requests for employee compensation review.
• Ensure services are in compliance with professional recordkeeping, reporting standards, state, and federal regulatory requirements, OFCCP, and laws including compliance with Fair Labor Standards Act to properly classify jobs as exempt or non-exempt.
• Negotiate benefit vendor contracts and manage vendor relationships.
• Oversee Investment Committee quarterly meetings in collaboration with investment advisor.
• Ensure benefit plans are in compliance with ERISA and other federal regulations.
• Manage complete process of annual benefits open enrollment.
• Responsible for employee communications related to benefits, compensation, and employee HRIS system changes.
• Responsible for the design, implementation, and ongoing evaluation of the organization's compensation programs (including stock programs, base pay, short-term and long-term incentives).
• Administer annual merit, short-term, long-term incentive, and stock plans.
• Responsible for all employee communications related to annual compensation changes.
• Provide compensation guidance on salary adjustments, promotions and/or market adjustments as requested.
• Support CHRAO with providing updates for monthly Compensation Committee Meetings, Executive Leadership Meetings, Quarterly Board Meetings and Town Hall Meetings.
• Work closely with CHRAO to develop and implement an incentive program based on employee performance.
• Develop a solid strategy to align job titles, job descriptions with a proper salary structure by conducting benchmarking and market analysis.
• Main point of contact for the company's' HRIS system.
• Develop and distribute HR and Payroll related reports that support entire organization.
• Maintain data integrity and keep data current by completing monthly imports into HR system.
• Responsible for employee communications, standard operating procedures, and ongoing support for using the HR system.
• Provide systems and tools for the company's performance management process.
• Responsible for directing and planning the day-to-day operations of group benefits programs (group health, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, flexible spending plans, 401(k) plans, COBRA administration, and oversee maintenance of employee benefits records).
• Research employee benefits plans and vendors to identify those that present the best value; design, recommend and implement new benefits programs.
• Responsible for planning and coordinating with vendors to support company sponsored wellness activities such as flu and COVID-19 immunizations and wellness examination.
Human Resource Information System Duties
• HR/Payroll security, Workflow, Employee Self Service access, responsible for updating and maintaining the HRIS.
• Responsible for maintaining data integrity in the HRIS system.
• Support Payroll Dept with data of required state personnel reports.
Managing Projects And Priorities
• Functions as a strategic senior technical expert within the department.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work.
• Champions leadership's vision for system and service delivery.
• Makes and executes the necessary decisions to keep moving forward toward achievement of goals.
• Provides direction and assistance to other teams regarding projects.
• Determines priorities, schedules, plans and necessary resources to promote completion of any projects on schedule.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Review's vendor proposals and selects appropriate vendor for services, technologies, and hardware.
• Thinks creatively and practically to develop, execute, and implement new project plans.
• Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
• Plans, develops, implements, and evaluates the quality of operations.
• Bachelor's degree: Masters preferred (Business, Finance, Economics, HR, or related field)
• 10+ years HR experience including 7-10 years in the design, communication, and administration of health & welfare benefits,defined contribution plans, short-term incentive, long-term incentive, and stock programs.
• Demonstrated ability working in the Human Resources function within a fast moving, multi-faceted and global organization.
• Collaborative working style.
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong data analytical skills.
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
• ADP Workforce Now and HRIS experience preferred.