Skills: CAD / CAM, Civil Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Blue Bell, Pennsylvania, United States
Wood is currently seeking a Civil/Water Resources Engineer responsible for the technical execution of projects primarily associated with hydrologic and hydraulic modeling; dams; levees and flood control facilities; flood risk assessments; floodplain mapping; green infrastructure planning and design; ecosystem/stream restoration; as well as any associated regulatory permitting. Representative client sectors include: Federal, State, and Municipal/Local Government, Electric Energy (including Nuclear), Commercial & Industrial, and Non-Governmental Organizations.
- Serve as a task Lead to ensure successful project delivery.
- Provide day-to-day leadership/mentoring to engineers and technicians and support the management of civil/water resources projects.
- Develop hydrologic and hydraulic models to assess flood mitigation projects, impacts to floodplains, and storm water collection systems.
- Perform evaluations including spillway capacity and levee certification analyses.
- Develop design plan, alternatives, or recommendations for various water resources related projects.
- Compile and present results of engineering and planning studies.
- Communicate project results and findings by means of project reports, oral discussions, and presentations.
- Participate in civil/water resources related organizations.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in Civil or Water Resources Engineering.
- 6-12 years of related experience
- Licensed Professional Engineer
- Experience in civil/water resources engineering projects with directly related experience including:
- 1D and 2D hydraulic modeling software (HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS 5.0, FLO-2D, SWMM, Innovyze ICM);
- ArcGIS (including 3D and Spatial Analyst);
- AutoCAD and Civil 3D;
- Dam analysis and rehabilitation design;
- Levee certification evaluation;
- FEMA NFIP modeling and reporting; and
- Stormwater/green infrastructure design.
- Working knowledge and/or experience of the Federal Emergency Management Agency, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, and Natural Resource and Conservation Service requirements for flood control projects.
- Experience with supporting the acquiring, performing, and managing of Federal, State, and Local Government and Private Sector client projects.
- Strong leadership and written/verbal communication skills.
- Able to work in teams and manage multiple complex tasks, project designs, and work plans in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in mentoring and staff development.
- Experience leading the technical development of full plan sets.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.