Are you passionate about providing complex technical solutions? Are you a Field Engineer looking for an interesting opportunity? Join our innovating Process & Pipeline Services team
Baker Hughes Process & Pipeline Services (PPS) supports the full lifecycle of customers' asset from pre-commissioning to decommissioning. We help to reduce future corrosion, improve efficiency, and maximize throughput. Our engineered solutions for pre-commissioning, commissioning, and maintenance shutdowns include specialized services for the oil and gas, power generation, metals and mining, and other process industries. Partner with the best
As a (Lead) Field Engineer - PPS, you will be part of a team providing resolution to a diverse scope and range of complex problems. You will lead all pre-commissioning and maintenance work from Engineering, FAT, Mobilization, Operations, and Demobilization within Europe and Africa regions.
As a (Lead) Field Engineer - Process & Pipeline Services (PPS), you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Reporting to the Project Manager and PMO Manager you will deliver high standard of engineering and services documentation, in a timely, reliable manner in line with Baker Hughes and client document schedule and specifications.
- Being focal point, produce, oversee and manage the engineering elements of the project to deliver documents of highest quality, ensuring that revisions are minimized by attention to detail and compliant content.
- Providing guidance and mentoring to the project engineering and any trainees involved.
- Providing team and technical leadership, to communicate, report and interface with all levels of personnel both within and externally to Baker Hughes.
- Having client interaction and relationship development is another important aspect of the Lead Engineers
- Providing continuity to the project during operational phase, integrating into the site team for the remaining duration of the project
To be successful in this role you will:
Work in a way that works for you
- Have extensive working knowledge of pre-commissioning / commissioning including removal and introduction of hydrocarbon service product, cleaning, inerting and handling of hazardous materials (crude oil etc)
- Have full working knowledge of on line operational pigging of oil pipelines including batch separation and use of gels / chemicals
- Have extensive understanding of the preparation of pre-commissioning technical documents in the form of strategic summaries / studies, step-by-step procedures, methodologies, inspection and test plans, and operational as-built documents
- Have to lead on interfacing between Project, Engineering, and Operations team during the performance of the work on sites
- Have the highest safety mindset
- Have a degree (or equivalent) in a relevant Engineering subject with proven track record in a pre-commissioning engineering and operations environment and extensive experience in pre-commissioning
- Be fully professional proficient in English
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Working flexible hours is possible - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit in everything in and work when you are the most productive
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other. Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.