Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Skills: Loss Prevention, Safety Engineering
Experience: 12 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
The Principal safety consultant covered under this specification is to work as part of SLP engineering team (as secondment) in providing support to defining scope, objectives and criteria as well as reviewing/commenting the reports produced by external main Safety consultant and ensure the reports meet required technical quality and schedule as agreed under Safety studies assumption register and Safety studies scope of work.
The key responsibilities of the Principal Safety Consultant are:
- Participate and contribute to formal process safety reviews such as HAZOP, HAZID, SIL Classification studies as needed.
- Consultant should be proficient to Facilitate/Chair any adhoc risk review as and when required and produce report with the assistance of inhouse scribe.
- Review and comment Safety study reports produced by external main safety consultant.
- Consultant should be well versed in report review and able to rewrite/rephrase the executive summary or findings when required in consultation with DLE and external Safety consultant.
- Participate TBE/Technical clarification review and assist to firm assumption register to ensure it meets project/client requirements.
- Provide decision or way forward to project team in consultation with DLE/Deputy DLE, by interpreting the safety study results/recommendations.
- Proactively provide Discipline Manager and/or DLE/Deputy. DLE with updates regarding activity status, highlight concerns as they arise, and provide guidance to support DLE/Deputy DLE to stay within the allocated budget on the project
- Participate in Client facing meetings to influence decision making and resolve complex technical issues based on recognized skills and knowledge in various safety studies
- May act as Subject Matter Expert/Focal Point with Clients and external Safety consultant progress meeting to inform and influence decisions as needed to gain perspective and understanding of expectations and Safety study deliverables.
- Assist in answering Client/Class clarification for safety studies and prepare response in consultation with DLE/Deputy. DLE.
- Assist in interpreting safety study reports or resolving interdisciplinary queries in consultation with DLE/Deputy DLE.
- At least 12 years of relevant experience in the field of technical safety related to Oil and Gas industry, with minimum 5 years of experience in Safety Consultancy background involving various formal safety assessment preferably in FPSO sectors
- Demonstrate in depth knowledge in Process Safety, Risk Assessment with adequate knowledge in managing or interpreting CFD based analysis
- Familiar with International Codes and Standards or guidance relevant to Safety studies (FABIG, IOGP, UK Fire & Explosion guidance etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs, consequence modelling software (PHAST, SAFETI, FLARESIM).
- Able to perform inhouse analysis using Phast or Flaresim as and when needed to support project. (e.g. to finalize vent or air intake locations)
- Excellent report writing, presentation and interpersonal skills to influence external safety consultant, project team and clients.
- Effective team worker, able to work efficiently within project teams across a broad range of technical disciplines/cultural differences and with main safety consultant.
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, challenging workloads, and adjustments in priorities to suit project needs
- Ability to adopt flexible time or work options (Work from home or Work from office) or attend remote workshop/meeting or extended day during client meeting/ workshop
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.