Skills: Engineering Manager
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Reading, England, United Kingdom
Wood has an opportunity for a Project Engineering Managers to join our team in Reading. We are currently looking for an experienced Project Engineering Managers to support development of a number of projects. The projects are in the Refining, petrochemical, chemicals, Oil & Gas sectors, and there will be assignment opportunities available.
- These roles will be on projects with different execution styles ranging from EPC, FEEDs to detailed design work and also PMC.
- Competent at managing and leading a large multi - discipline Engineering Team
- Experience is managing High Value execution centres
- Experienced in complex Project Scope management and contract management
- Familiar with project work sequence, activities, and deliverables for Engineering Disciplines at any project phase with knowledge and understanding of a contract
- Overall ownership of the engineering schedule and progress of each engineering discipline
- Ensures the project Quality Management System supports deliverables preparation and method of execution
- Able to generate and authorise key documents including those directing Engineering strategy and implementation
- Understands and manages the Technical Engineering Disciplines and associated Scope
- Ensures instructions are issued to allow work to progress and facilitates agreement between conflicting requirements and leads way forward
- Able to challenge working method and deliverables and ensures project team know and comply with project scope
- Develops and manages the engineering input to the project schedule and drives the Engineering Team to comply with the requirements, meet milestones and Key Performance Indicators
- Ensures that requirements for Design Verification are identified, scheduled, and resourced
- Understands the project Health, Safety, Environment and Security (HSES) issues and ensures these are handled correctly
- Identifies risk and implements mitigations
- Has the ability to deputise for the Project manager as and when required
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- Prior background in project engineering predominately in home office
- Engineering Management experience, with some site experience
- Have extensive experience in an appropriate industry (ideally in one or more of Oil & Gas, LNG & GTL, Refining, Petrochemicals, Chemicals, Pharmaceutical, Power) and be willing and able to work both in the UK and overseas
- Have a proven track record in Engineering Management and leading multi - discipline engineering teams
- Be commercially astute and understand the different approaches required to managing lump sum and reimbursable work
- Have a broad technical knowledge combined with excellent leadership skills
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.