Skills: Project Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Wood has a potential opening for a Senior Project Engineer/ Manager to join our Conventional Energy Canada office in Calgary.
- Develop & implement client engagement plan
- Manage all project budgets, cost plans, capital cost budgets, capital expenditure and financial and commercial matters
- Apply rigorous change management procedures to ensure project does not exceed established budget.
- Implementation of the Project Execution Strategies
- Provide support and coordination for expedited placement of priority contracts for facilities and testing programs.
- Implement daily status monitoring for expedited placement of priority equipment
- PO's. Managed cross-functional coordination with program wide tasks for quality compliance and information management, as a part of the project setup completion.
- Develop and manage project-specific change and risk management systems
- Organize and lead planning sessions, team building workshops and project coordination meetings
- Ensure an appropriate review process is implemented for the project including internal and Client project reviews, risk reviews, constructability and independent peer reviews
- Establish rapport with internal stakeholders within a matrixed, international organization
- Accountable for leading cross functional project teams through the full project life cycle from conceptual design through to operations including engineering, modularization, fabrication, construction, commissioning, and start-up.
- Develop project design and execution strategies, then lead teams to achieve the project's objectives.
- Proactively engage stakeholders in risk management and conflict resolution
- Motivate and mentor diverse specialists to contribute to a team effort, in a collaborative and proactive working environment.
- Lead coordination of multi office work as required by the scope
- Ensure that all work conducted at the project level adheres to the Program/Project Management Plans and contract and service orders requirements
- Coordinate with the Program team allocation of project resources on a dedicated or shared basis.
- In compliance with the Program requirements, develop and implement project specific Key Performance Indicators
Skills / Qualifications
- Senior Project Manager and Engineer with a 25+ year proven track record
- Strategic thinker adept at developing the project's vision and communicating clear concise project objectives to align stakeholders
- Must possess a high degree of originality, skill and proficiency in the various broad phases of engineering application and knowledge of quality management, human resources, financial and other administrative principles and practices
- Mining: coal, metal and heavy oil.
- LNG: Liquefaction facilities.
- Gas Processing: Compression, dehydration, and sour gas treating. Refrigeration, liquid production, condensate pipelines, terminals, storage and metering
- Midstream & Pipelines: Pipelines and booster stations, NGL extraction, fractionation,
- Construction: Construction management, modularization, construction work packages, work face planning, pre-commissioning, commissioning, and hand over to field operations.
- Infrastructure: water and sewage treatment plants, utility networks.
- Upstream: SAGD Central processing facilities and field facilities (well apds).
- Safety Commitment: Promotes a safety culture and adherence to regulations, best practices, protocols, and policies for health, safety, and the environment.
- Extensive experience with risk analysis approaches including HAZOPs, LOPA, PHA, and 'What If' assessments.
- Technical: Extensive knowledge of engineering principles and fundamentals.
- Experienced with regulatory requirements, licensing / legal requirements, supporting documentation, and the detailed design of gas processing facilities including turbo-expanders, compressors, fractionation towers, dehydration units, amine sweeteners, storage bullets, and NGL metering.
- Knowledgeable with ABSA, AGA, API, ASME, CSA, IEC.
- Collaboration and Cooperation: Collaborates and cooperates with internal and external clients and subject matter experts regularly during project initiation, scope development, and project execution.
- Flexibility: Comfortable executing a PM or EM role, or combined, as required by the phase of the project. Able to execute multiple projects simultaneously.
- Provides stakeholders and team members with the project status, decisions, and direction.
- Facilitation: Interprets complex information and digests it into clear deliverables and actions.
- Communication: Articulate with excellent communication skills including report writing and presentation
- skills attuned to all levels of management, project goals, and stakeholders needs. Strong interpersonal skills.
- Leadership: Manages, guides, motivates, and provides strategic direction to achieve the project's objectives, the project's vision and communicating concise project objectives to align teams
- Change Management: Manages changes / variances, impact assessment, risk mitigation logs, adjusting project budgets, cost controls, implementation, and business case objectives
- Negotiation: Proactive in engaging internal customers and other stakeholders
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.