Skills: Regulatory Compliance
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
Manages the EAME import/export process and ensures compliance with UK and foreign government laws and regulations., including strategy development, implementation, and adherence; operating plans; value generation initiatives; policies, procedures, and reporting/communications. Evaluates and tracks changes in regulations that could affect the operating policies and procedures of the function. Develops necessary changes as required by these revisions/modifications. Effectively implements and communicate these changes to appropriate personnel. Ensures the implementation of regional and global initiatives, optimizing service and cost for the business. Ensures alignment between the region and the corporate function/strategy
- Provides leadership and support to all business units and to global trade operations related to import/export compliance management, implementation, training, auditing, improvement strategies, investigations, trade programs and process redesign.
- Within the region, establishes an import/export compliance improvement philosophy and culture with a strong internal and external customer focus throughout the entire organization.
- Actively works across functions to ensure that import/export compliance is maintained while ensuring that overall organization objectives are supported.
- Assumes a leadership role in developing and overseeing the implementation of the import/export compliance systems necessary to ensure compliance with applicable regulations.
- Supports the maintenance of international trade data within the ERP operating system. Leads import/export classification process and other initiatives specific to the region (e.g. Authorized Economic Operator certification)
- Administers (or delegates responsibility) for all denied party screening and maintains supporting records as recorded by law while maintaining accountability
- Assists the various business units in determining when export licensing is required and manages the license application process through the BIS on-line system.
- Provides consultative support to all subsidiaries to evaluate import/export requirements and objectives, design corrective action plans where needed, and drive the implementation of such plans.
- Provide education and training on the appropriate interpretation and implementation of import/export regulations, problem solving tools, and reengineering processes where appropriate.
- Responsible for the design and maintenance of the import/export compliance audit program in accordance with governmental guidelines.
- Evaluate and track changes in import/export trade laws and regulations. Develop necessary changes in procedures as required by these changes. Effectively communicate these changes to appropriate personnel.
- Assist with any other duties as and when required.
- Assist with Exports obtain quotations and liaise closely with freight forwarders on air and sea shipments
- Undertake specific logistics projects as instructed by management.
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Trade Compliance Manager - Corporate
- Regional SCM Managers (Dotted line)
- Bachelor's degree (P)
- Relevant experience in drafting and submitting export licenses, interpreting and providing guidance on EAR
- Regulations for the licensing of commodities, technical data and software. (E)
- Proven skills in export administration and compliance with an emphasis on Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and Business Innovation and Skills (BIS) (E)
- Working knowledge of the harmonized tariff system (E)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ensures that important information from management is shared with employees and others as appropriate
- Gives and receives constructive feedback
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.