Our client, a large oil and gas company, is currently seeking a Labour Relations Advisor for a 2-year contract in Calgary, AB. This will be a part-time role for 32 hours per week. About the Role
We are looking for a highly motivated team player with a keen interest in Labour Relations to join our client's HR team. Working in a dynamic environment, as part of an experienced HR team you will be accountable for providing the full spectrum of labour relations strategic and operational delivery. This is a part-time role of 32 hours per week. This role will report to the HR Account Manager for our client's Operating Asset. To succeed with us in the Human Resources department , we need your enthusiasm to:
You will use your expertise to: Business Partnering:
- Demonstrate personal commitment to HSSE
- Display a strong positive attitude to manage change and improvement in our processes, ways of working and our overall performance.
- Develop strong working relationships with your team, stakeholders to boost co-operation and a One Team approach
- Use your ability to utilize flexible thinking with well developed problem solving skills
- Courage to hold strong to views when challenged or challenging others.
- Have a proactive mindset, and have a pulse of current internal and external issues internal issues.
Proactive Labour Relations:
- Be able to quickly integrate into the business, understand the longer-term business strategy, and align and leverage the labour relations strategy to support the delivery of the business plan.
- Be able to build the necessary business and functional credibility and relationships that enable the Labour Relations Advisor to become a trusted business advisor at all levels in the organizations.
To be successful, you will have:
- Embed a proactive labour assurance program (i.e. implementation, monitoring and proactive intervention as required).
- Embed an Execute Labour Scorecard that promotes proactive assurance of labour supply and labour relations within the construction phase of the project.
- Proactively have pulse of current issues and initiatives, provide regular updates to internal stakeholders on the current state of affairs, proactive monitoring and partnering with JFJV on their progress against commitments and closing of any gaps.
- Provide subject matter experise, guidance and manage stakeholders to resolve reactive issues.
- Proactively manage and enable a healthy labour environment, using data to identify emerging labour trends and define mitigations for potential future risks.
- Advise and coach line leadership and fellow team members in positive employee relations proactive and reactive practices.
- Development of a robust Employee Relations plan that outlines the mechanisms by which our client's Operate culture can be operationalized and embedded.
This role requires that you:
- A degree, with preference in Business Commerce, Human Resources, or Industrial/Labour Relations related discipline. A Labour Relations Professional Certification and a Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) designation is preferred.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of progressive experience in human resources with a least 5 years working in Labour Relations preferably in an industrial setting.
- Deep understanding of employment standards and BC labour laws with ability to translate to business impact(s).
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills and stakeholder management capability.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain high quality delivery when supporting clients of significant size, complexity and scope.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and skillfully deal with ambiguity.
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport and influence at all levels of an organization through interpersonal effectiveness and coaching for performance.
- Must be able to deliver consistently across a variety of businesses and employee populations (examples include: Executive to Entry-Level, Staff, Operations and Trades, Technical to Commercial).
Based in Calgary, AB with a mix of working from home and office, we will consider Kitimat/Terrace based candidates working from home and site.
You will work a part-time schedule of 32 hours per week, typically Monday to Thursday, 8 hr days.
Some business travel that may require overnight stay when required
Know that this is a contractor role for 2 years.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.