Skills: IT - Sys Admin & Support
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Wood is currently recruiting for Support Analyst with extensive experience in the software industry.
To work within the parameters of the Wood Management System and ISO 9001:2015. Responsibilities will include, but may not be inclusive of:
- Categorising and closing out cases as stated within client Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and as advised by the Team Lead.
- Creating and updating user access for GoTechnology products and our e-learning training programme.
- Assessing queries, gathering data, investigating and resolving software queries.
- Investigate software issues and communicate the solution to clients or the steps in investigations to Developers.
- Provide easily understood and informative updates to clients, within the department and wider company.
- Write concise, informative, accurate records of support queries from start to finish including any information gathered outside of the case.
- Escalate potential issues in a clear, coherent written form to the Support Lead.
- Monitoring the Case Management System for updates to both your cases and the general caseload.
- Monitoring other information channels so that you are up to date with the current state of play within the team.
- Maintaining servers and resolving any issues.
- Scheduling and implementing Technology Upgrades on a monthly cycle and Updates on an ad hoc basis.
- Providing Client Reports.
- Proactively involved in their own and the Support Team's drive for continuous improvement.
- Ensure all user queries are dealt with in a timely and satisfactory manner.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Health, Safety and the Environment by ensuring personal safety and as far as is reasonably practical that of others by following Wood's Health, Safety & Environment Policy and applying Wood's HSE Management Systems.
- Lead safety principles within the business portraying excellent safety leadership qualities.
Skills / Qualifications
- HNC in IT/Computing.
Preferred Technical Skills:
- Some experience of SQL Server Management Studio and understanding of database table design.
- Ability to write simple SQL queries to produce reporting data.
- Understanding of APIs: what they are and how they are used.
- Experience using Postman (or similar tools) to interact with an API.
- Experience of MS Azure Application Insights and querying Azure logs to analyze issues.
- Analyzing User and Session information to understand how users use the software
- Experience in a software support environment and of supporting web-based systems is preferred but not essential.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to write technically and clearly in plain English.
- Attention to Detail.
- Logical, creative thinker with great problem solving abilities.
- Ability to be a proactive, collaborative team player.
- Ability to self-manage and prioritise tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Competency with SQL, APIs and server maintenance.
- Has a keen interest in technology and a willingness to learn.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools.
- Demonstrates commitment to Wood and client Core Values.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.