Engineer - Control Valve Do you enjoy creating innovative and strategic solutions to solve complex problems?Are you passionate about Control Valves Design and Engineering?Be part of a successful team
Turbomachinery & Process Solutions (TPS) operates across 120 countries and serves the entire energy value-chain and industrial sector. We hold an extensive portfolio of rotating equipment, process flow, transmission technology and lifecycle services. Our Instrument Control Engineering team uses cutting-edge technology to design gas and steam turbines, compressors and expanders.Partner with the best
As an Engineer - Control Valve , you'll be responsible to design & develop control valve products, solutions and systems. It also includes activities linked to technical improvement of existing products and components. You are required to have a mastery of a body of theoretical knowledge.
As an Engineer - Control Valve , you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Executing the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and standards.
- Learning and executing configuration of Control Valves based on customer requirements and also designing valve components / Instrumentation.
- Having good understanding and experience on Control Valves (Globe /Angle /Rotary) & exposure to valve sizing, selection(applications, MOC, NDTs,) along with its associated actuation mechanisms / accessories / instrumentation
- Developing /configuring valves /actuator designs and lead the design reviews and Act as bridge between site team and CTH community in terms of defining, documenting review requirements & outcomes.
- Reviewing and help defining the material and quality requirements for the control valve components based on applications and customer requirements.
- Enabling the use of design tools (like 2D / 3D CAD (SolidWorks / ProE / UG), Excel, and in-house design calculations
- Improving the productivity using design automation and participating in cost-out on products, VCP in transactions / processes.
- Preparing and presenting technical data to internal and external customers and becoming the face of the Requisition Engineering Team in the customer / supplier discussions to communicate the team objectives and requirements.
- Engaging with teams assigned to address specific organizational initiatives. Identify, Own and Enable such initiatives which are in line with business objectives.
To be successful in this role you will:
Work in a way that works for you
- Have a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering / Instrumentation / Control Engineering / Mechatronics Engineering from an accredited university or college.
- Have a minimum 4 yrs of experience in an Engineering Design / Analysis /Scientific / Technical Position.
- Have at least 2 yrs of Control Valve Design / Instrumentation Expertise.
- Demonstrate effective communication, interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to influence others and lead small teams.
- Have knowledge of control valve instrumentation including pneumatic / hydraulic actuator for valves and associated accessories.
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.