Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 70 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 17,000 team members and 385 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities
Weatherford's Production business is seeking a Data Scientist who is passionate about data and wants to apply machine learning techniques to solve problems for our customers. This person is expected to be proficient in the exploration and understanding of structured and unstructured data, machine learning techniques, statistical modeling methods, predictive analytics, anomaly detection, and supervised and unsupervised learning. The successful candidate will work with stakeholders to leverage data to solve critical business problems in the oil & gas production domain.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining engineering application software for use in Oil/Gas industry.
- Engages in research to incorporate existing technology into Weatherford's products.
- Provides support to internal and external clients working on consulting projects which use Weatherford's engineering software.
- Writes and maintains robust engineering software applications for commercial use and distribution.
- Participates in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software.
- Designs, plans, and coordinates work teams. Provides technical support to project team members.
- Works on all aspects of the design, development and delivery of machine learning enabled solutions including problem definition, data acquisition, data exploration, feature engineering, experimenting with various ML algorithms, evaluating metrics, deploying models and iteratively improving the total solution.
- Works with data from diverse, unstructured formats including numerical, time series, text, and image.
Minimum 5 + years related experience - Must have Engineering Degree