Skills: Project Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Wood is currently recruiting for a Digital Senior Project Engineer to work in our Digitial & Technology team. The role can be based in any one of our global locations. This is an exciting opportunity to join a key growth division within the organisation.
This role will be responsible for the timely and effective delivery of digital and technology strategic global products. They will have oversight on all works flowing through the digital and technology team and work closely with the emerging solutions and innovation teams to understand forward work planning and support needed. They will provide a key interface with the business at the point of solution development and deployment.
The ideal person for this role will be passionate about digital transformation and solving complex challenges. This is a high intensity role, where skills of prioritising, communicating, and decision making are key.
- Experienced in product delivery methodologies in traditional waterfall, hybrid but especially in agile methodologies
- Establish plans, cost structures and reports for all digital and technology global projects
- Establish oversight on all works being undertaken within the digital and technology team
- They will provide oversight and governance on deployment activities once implementation is underway in the business
- They will manage internal and external (client and 3 rd party partnerships) stakeholders to the common plan
- Produce and manage weekly and monthly reporting structures
- Monitor all works to appropriate quality standards ensuring change management controls are in place
- Facilitate internal and client relationships
- Monitor benefits realisation structures post project deployment
- Produce execution strategies and supporting documents in support of the project
- Liaise with 3 rd party partners, when appropriate, for development and implementation
- Provide leadership to the team
Skills / Qualifications
- Good level of previous experience in a project engineering role
- HND / HNC in relevant discipline.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Well versed in project controls mechanisms, risk management structures and commercial management structures
- Skilled in planning resource and support requirements
- Proven leadership skills
- Can demonstrate competency level to APM level C
- Strong ability to motivate and inspire a team
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills
- Tenacious, persistent and focussed on high quality project outcomes
- Team player
- Solutions focussed
- Delivery focused: Able to function in a dynamic environment and make informed decisions as required to ensure delivery objectives are met
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.