Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities
- Develops and assists in the design of high-quality software, both new development and maintenance development, in a manner consistent with best practices and in adherence to Weatherford and team software development guidelines, rules, processes, and practices.
- Strives to obtain a functional understanding of Weatherford operational requirements for any development task.
- Performs unit tests on all software developed and, where possible, produces automated unit tests or testing scripts to aid in future development and regression testing.
- Learns new skills and areas of knowledge as required to assist in completion of tasks.
- Documents software development in an appropriate manner consistent with Weatherford guidelines.
- Follows Weatherford guidelines related to the protection of intellectual property and avoiding unwarranted entanglement in non-Weatherford intellectual property.
- Minimum 5+ years of related experience - Must have Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Proficient in C# (expectation is language, including language features LINQ, multithreading with Tasks and Async/Await etc)
- Programming for the .Net platform with an understanding of .Net specific concepts.
- Basic Microsoft SQL Server Administration (ideally 2012 or above)
- Development experience with MongoDB
- Experience with latest Web technologies (Angular 2.0+, Bootstrap, NPM etc.)
- WebAPI / Web Services
- SignalR / Web Sockets
- XML and JSON data, and related software concepts
- Experience with Enterprise Message Brokers e.g. RabbitMQ, Kafka etc
- Familiarity with software design patterns MVVM, Dependency Injection, and Inversion of Control.
- Security concepts such as Authentication and Impersonation.
- Excellent programming and problem solving skills
- Good communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle
- Proficient with Visual Studio and Azure DevOps 2019
- Experience with Agile development, particularly Scrum
- Oilfield services or oil and gas knowledge is a plus
- Experience With WITSML Standard (1.3 & 1.4) is a plus