Skills: Rig Mechanic, Mechanical Technician
Other Skills: Bilingual Spanish
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Bermuda, Bermuda
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Bermuda
<div class="" contentlinepanel''="" id="" requisitiondescriptioninterface.id1609.row1''="" style="" color:="" rgb(85,="" 85,="" 85);="" font-family:="" helveticaneuew01-55roma,="" "helvetica="" neue="" w01="" 55="" roman",="" neue",="" helvetica,="" arial,="" sans-serif;="" font-size:="" 13px;="" background-color:="" rgb(255,="" 255,="" 255);''="" title="" ''="">
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 7 plus years of related experience
• Knowledge of drilling operations and drilling rig equipment
• Knowledge of mechanical equipment and troubleshooting
• Basic knowledge to read drawings, schematics and parts breakdowns
• Computer troubleshooting and networking knowledge
• Good mechanical skills
• Bilingual in Spanish Required (Fluent verbal and written skills)
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
• Capable of working with both field personnel and clients in office situations
• Willing to travel internationally
• Reliable self-starter able to establish priorities and organize workload on a daily basis with minimal direction
• Dependable and adaptable to change
• Good interpersonal skills
• Must be a team player with a positive attitude
• Able to work under pressure, maintain a team spirit and a cooperative attitude
Note, the physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit and talk and hear. The employee is required frequently to use hands and digits to handle or feel work material and type. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk short distances, sometimes over uneven terrain.
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs