Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Al Khobar, Eastern Province, Saudi Arabia
W ood is recruiting for a Principal Instrument Engineer to work on the engineering and project management services in Al - Khobar office
- A proactive and hands - on approach to the development of all aspects of control and instrument engineering
- The ability to confidently lead small project teams and interfacing with both client and company management
- Develop FEED and Detailed Engineering packages suitable for client review and contractor bidding
- Achievement of agreed targets. Organize, monitor and report on assigned work scope and take responsibility for management of change
- Contribute to all safety design processes including HAZAN, HAZOP, SIL (LOPA) Classification.
- Develop the required monitoring, control, safety system requirements
- Produce and review all relevant discipline documentation and participate in the input and development of other disciple design documents including P&IDs, control and safeguarding philosophies and narratives, package specifications etc.
- Produce and review material requisitions and material take - off, carry out technical bid evaluations and Vendor document reviews
- Identify issues, obtains relevant information, relate and compare data from different sources and identify alternative solutions
- Listen and respond appropriately to others, convey information clearly and concisely to groups or individuals either verbally or in writing
- Take action consistent with available facts, constraints and anticipated risks / consequences.
- Identify problems, determines possible solution, and actively works to resolve issues
- Guide and empower others to develop new skills or knowledge that will enhance their work
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in instrumentation and control engineering or similar
- Minimum of 15 years instrumentation experience
- Minimum of 5 years at a senior level
- Minimum of 10 years gas processing or gas plant experience
- Previous FEED and EPC experience is essential
- Knowledge in Smart Plant Instrumentation
- Knowledge of Saudi Aramco standards is an advantage though not mandatory
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.