London, United Kingdom
London, United Kingdom
Skills: Business Development, Planner / Scheduler
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: London, United Kingdom
Due to the continued growth of our consultation and stakeholder engagement service we have an exciting opportunity for a Consultant/Senior Consultant stakeholder manager.
The role would enable you to become involved in the delivery of an expanding portfolio of high-profile projects across the UK and at the same time become an important part of a wider Planning team which includes other stakeholder engagement specialists.
You would support and lead the delivery of consultation and stakeholder management services on behalf of both public and private clients. This would involve an exciting portfolio of projects ranging from nationally significant infrastructure projects through to site specific developments and policy led consultations. Our clients include local authorities, government agencies such as Homes England, Highways England and developers such as Bloor Homes, Taylor Wimpey, National Grid, RWE and EDF.
This is a great opportunity to join our growing team and to shape your future career within one of the country's leading multi-disciplinary consultancies.
- Support with the management and delivery of stakeholder engagement and communication activities for a range of projects, with a focus on pre-application consultation and engagement for infrastructure and other development schemes;
- Leading on the development of materials such as virtual exhibitions, reports, newsletters and presentations which engage stakeholders of all audiences;
- Support with the analysis of stakeholder responses and the production of statutory and non-statutory reports on consultation outcomes;
- Support the growth of the stakeholder engagement service across Wood;
- For the Senior Consultant role, the management of dedicated consultation tasks, projects and budgets;
- Work closely with others disciplines across Wood and other members of the Planning team to undertake communications and stakeholder engagement activities on projects; and
- Help to identify and prepare new business opportunities.
Skills / Qualifications
Skills and Experience
- Competent in Microsoft Office suite
- Post qualification experience for Consultant / Senior Consultant level
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in industry sectors relevant to our business (e.g. energy, water, transport and residential development), and confidence engaging a variety of stakeholder groups.
- Willingness to work flexibly and to travel as and when required
- Experience of the analysis of consultation feedback and reporting
- For the Senior Consultant role, experience of managing budgets at a task and project level
- Degree, Post Graduate Diploma or Masters in Planning or related discipline
- Full driving licence
- For the Senior Consultant role, Chartered Member of the RTPI
- Member status with another relevant professional body
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.