London, United Kingdom
London, United Kingdom
Skills: Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: London, United Kingdom
Wood is a leading providing of sustainability appraisal (SA) and strategic environmental assessment (SEA) services in the UK and beyond.
Following recent client successes, we have an opportunity for a senior position to join the team to help deliver projects and grow our services. This will include enabling clients in a variety of sectors respond to the challenges of new plan and programme development e.g., Water Resource Regional Plans, Drainage and Wastewater Management Plans, Circular Economy Plans, Carbon Plans and Local Plans by ensuring that social, economic and environmental considerations are adequately integrated, and opportunities for environmental enhancement taken.
The projects are varied in nature, but all require skills in project management, communication and negotiation. The assessments are often being applied to novel plans and require a wide appreciation of policy and proposals and their effects.
We are constantly reviewing our approach to delivery to make optimal use of new integrated assessment tools that build on our experience and the complementary technical skills and services that we can access.
This position represents an excellent opportunity to develop professionally as an individual via the continued growth of our business over the next few years.
- You will take responsibility for scoping individual commissions, preparing proposals and winning work
- You will provide project management and leadership to our multi-disciplinary teams working on strategic appraisal and assessment projects across the UK and overseas. This will involve client negotiations and collaborations, managing projects and subcontractors, interpreting results and writing progress reports in line with client requirements
- You will take responsibility for the delivery of high-quality outputs, either in your own work, or through the management, technical review and assurance of the wider technical teams' reports
- You will take responsible for defining medium and long-term market opportunities, contribute towards the review and extension of existing services and contribute towards developing appropriate business plans
- You will collaborate with professionals from other disciplines to design and implement new assessment tools, taking into account emerging and new practice
Skills / Qualifications
Skills / Experience
- Track record in contributing to successful delivery of SEA and or SA to clients in the public and private sector
- Familiarity of SEA regulatory requirements, emerging case law and implications
- Track record in successful project management
- Familiarity with Integrated Impact Assessment, Health Impact Assessment and Equalities Impact Assessment
- Familiarity with project and scheme development impacts in variety of sectors e.g., housing, water, waste and resources, energy
- Track record in winning work
- Ambition and ability to develop new client relationships and to assist with the management of existing key clients
- Degree, Post Graduate Diploma or Masters in Environmental Science/Geography/Environmental Management/Sustainability/Impact Assessment/Environmental Policy
- Full driving licence
- Chartered Environmentalist
- Chartered status with another relevant professional body e.g., CIWEM, RTPI
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.