Skills: Design Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Darlington, United Kingdom
Civil/Structural Designer - Process & Energy, Darlington
Wood have an exciting opportunity available for a Civil/Structural Designer to join us on a permanent basis in our Darlington office. Due to an increase in work load this role would suit an individual in their early stages of their career, ideally in either civil consultancy or steel fabrication detailing looking to further their career in civil/structural design.
On a daily basis you will p repare Civil & Structural models in PDMS/PDS, including steel frameworks, foundations, culverts.
Providing technical support and guidance you will also:
- Liaise with other disciplines in the preparation of models and support requirements
- Extract general arrangements from PDMS/PDS and produce detailed drawings using AutoCAD and MicroStation
- Prepare and issue drawings in line with project schedule
- Ensure all work to be carried out with a positive attitude towards safety, both in design and in the office environment
- Checking of drawings/models in accordance with Work Practises, standards and client standards
- Coordinates with other disciplines as and when required
- Maintain project familiarisation with the project Discipline Design Instruction
- Participates on Model Reviews as and when required and r eport changes to the Lead Designer/Lead Engineer
Skills / Qualifications
- Recently qualified with minimum HNC/HND in a civil/structural engineering or built environment qualification
- Time served apprentice in in either a civil consultancy or steel fabrication detailing
- Experience of AUTOCAD and 3D Modelling would be advantageous
- Full Driving license and car owner
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.