The Data Engineer is responsible for developing, designing, and maintaining data platform solutions. The measures of an ideal candidate include communication skills, technical proficiency, collaboration, and willingness to learn new things. This new position will be based in our Arlington, VA headquarters and report to the BI Manager. This position is structured within IT under the Vice President of Applications.
The successful candidate
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Data Analytics, Engineering, Mathematics, Business, or related field of study.
- 5 years in cloud architecture and data engineering
- Proficient in Visio Studio Code, Microsoft Azure Storage Explorer, Azure DevOps, Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks, Azure Data Lake Gen 2, and Git
- Extensive experience in implementing data storage solutions, managing, and developing data processing, and optimizing data solutions (Azure)
- Expertise in integrating, transforming, and consolidating data from structured and unstructured data systems suitable for analytics solutions.
- Understanding of parallel processing and data architecture patterns.
- Knowledgeable in data processing languages such as SQL, Python, or Scala.
- Experience in building secure data processing pipelines using Azure data services.
- Ability to self-manage and make your own decisions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, with strong critical thinking and attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic with ability to effectively prioritize, meet deadlines, adapt to changing priorities and business needs, and succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to efficiently summarize and prioritize information
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.