Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, HSE Auditing, HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Tioga, North Dakota, United States
Wood is searching for an HSE Advisor with experience in the construction industry to provide support on a project in Elkhorn Creek, ND.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
The HSE Advisor will be responsible for the provision of timely advice and guidance on all matters pertaining to Health, Safety and the Environment with respect to Legislation, Company Policy and Management System and Client requirements, thereby ensuring business risks are prevented and mitigated.
Reports to the Construction HSE Manager, report indirectly to the Project Manager/Location Manager with responsibility for HSE.
- Managing the project HSE interface requirement (Wood policies, procedures, and standards as well as Client standards). Ensuring the requirements stipulated in HSE interface documents/plans are communicated to all relevant personnel;
- Supporting or leading HSE incident investigations and undertaking the appropriate reporting requirements.
- Injury case management;
- Coordinating internal and external audits;
- Communicating the important messages from incidents and accidents as a part of the Lessons learned process to all relevant parties;
- Reporting deficiencies within project and corporate functions and recording all reportable issues within company action tracking and incident reporting systems;
- Ensuring that emergency response arrangements are in place and are communicated to all personnel;
- Liaising with and building relationship with Client HSE Reps and site Safety Reps as required;
- Managing attendance and participation at project HSE meetings, workshops and forums;
- Maintaining a system for monitoring HSE performance and training;
- Promoting workforce involvement in all HSE activities, initiatives and programmes.
Skills / Qualifications
- 5 years Oil and Gas or construction industry
- Construction site experience.
- Excellent English spoken and written communication
- Working Spanish spoken and written communication
- Good presentation skills
- Competent MS Office Suite user
- Accident and Incident investigation
- Root Cause Analysis techniques
- Knowledge of HSE OSHA legislation
- Managing people and performance
- Works well independently and on a team
- Support and develop staff
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.