Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Wood currently has an opportunity for a Principal Geologist to build our capability in country and work closely with our client in Uzbekistan. This position has responsibility for executing technical consulting studies and mining projects through the project development life cycle working closely with Wood offices around the world on several simultaneous projects. This position requires strong technical, managerial and business leadership skills. The candidate shall be comfortable working in a multi-disciplinary environment providing engineering expertise in Iron Ore, and/or base metals operations and engineering organisations with roles of increasing responsibility in the mining and consulting industry. A key component of the role is assisting the client to investigate and implement the best for project execution strategy. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
Wood serves many of the world leaders in the mining industry. The company maintains mining offices across Canada, the USA and Australia, as well as in Santiago, Chile, Lima, Peru and Johannesburg, South Africa.
- Working very closely with the client team to develop the optimal fast track project execution plan
- Working closely with Wood offices globally to develop and deliver the necessary studies and projects
- Training the client team regarding project mining study and project execution
- Executing and providing guidance to our resource geologists and engineers in the matters of resource estimation; including, geological data quality assurance, geological modeling, geostatistics, mineral resource classification, production geology, resource reconciliation and resource risks and opportunities
- Performing geological and mineral resource/reserves reviews audits and due diligence assessments to maximize value for our clients
- Ensuring compliance of resource estimates with international professional standards and government regulations for public disclosures by working with Wood Technical Directors and regulatory compliance specialists
- Actively supporting business development activities through participation in conferences, direct business development activities and strategic client relationship management
- Review and audit of exploration and pre-development programs
- Planning and recommendations for ongoing resource work
- Reviews of geological and resource data and modeling
- Reviews of grade control procedures and results
- Reconciliation reviews and due diligence studies
- Site inspections and procedural audits
Skills / Qualifications
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in Geology, Geostatistics, Geological or Mining Engineering or mining-related field.
- More than 15 years of experience of increasing responsibility in conducting exploration and evaluation programs, drill programs, geologic interpretation and modeling and resource and reserve estimation
Industry recognition as an expert in geology and resource estimation
- Experience in the 3D modeling and grade estimation of a variety of mineral deposits
- Familiarity with various geological modeling and resource estimation software packages, such as Leapfrog, MineSight, Vulcan, and Datamine
- Knowledge of industry standards in mineral resource and mineral reserve estimation
- Willingness to travel both domestically and internationally, for varying durations and at times to remote locations
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.