Skills: Welding, Workshop
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Tioga, North Dakota, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a IronWorker Journeyman with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry for a project in Tioga, ND.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Typically 3 years and above documented field experience in chosen craft discipline with ability to read and interpret instructions and documents, plan and perform work activities independently. Works under immediate supervision.
- Raises, places and unites girders, columns and other structural steel members to form completed structures or structure framework, working as a member of a crew.
- Accurately interpret and apply information from work orders, job orders, specifications, blueprints, ISO's or other drawings and recognize basic blueprint terms and symbols for job application.
- Identify, recognize and demonstrate safe usage of power tools and hand tools appropriate for the job.
- Recognize various materials used in piping systems and demonstrate a working knowledge of appropriate material handling techniques.
- Select and safely use appropriate equipment which may include (but not limited to) manlifts, fork lifts, and company trucks.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills in safe rigging practices.
- Identify, explain and perform crane hand signals.
- Identify and recognize components of structural systems.
- Demonstrate ability to accurately layout and fabricate structural iron.
- Demonstrate ability to locate and mark reference points for structural components on foundation using master straightedge, square, transit, builder's levels and measuring tape.
- Alight structure or plates to be assembled on boiler frames, tanks, or structures, using plumb bobs, wedges, dogs or turnbuckles.
- Demonstrate appropriate techniques in handling sections or structural parts in order to facilitate fitting edges together.
- Bolt or weld equipment sections using approved materials and procedures such as stacks, chutes, ladders, catwalks, etc.
- Additional duties as requested by supervisor.
Skills / Qualifications
- 6 months of ironworker experience in the oil and gas industry preferred.
- May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.