Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Senior Resource Manager - Turbomachinery and Process Systems (TPS)
Would you like to be in a team delivering world class service to our customers?
Would you like to coordinate our remote teams?
Join our Turbomachinery Services Team
Within Baker Hughes Turbomachinery and Process Systems business, we have a global pool of Field Service Engineers (FSEs). Our team includes technical specialists with expert knowledge and experience on the range of Turbomachinery Products sold, installed, and serviced. We work across the region, moving between customer sites, leading, and performing installation and maintenance activities on Baker Hughes Turbomachinery products.
Partner with the Best
You'll be a key player in overall responsibility for managing local Field Service Engineer (FSE) team. In this full-time office-based role in Perth, you'll lead and manage a team of approximately 25 FSEs. You'll be involved a limited amount of international and domestic travel in accordance with business requirements.
As a Resource Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Leading, promoting and ensuring a dedicated focus on Baker Hughes HSE principles and behaviors within the FSE team.
- Instilling a quality-focused culture within FSE team and support the team in delivering the highest quality of work for our customers.
- Leading by example, to ensure our team demonstrates the highest levels of integrity and compliance with legislative and company requirements in all aspects of personal work and behavior.
- Working with Baker Hughes Human Resources specialists to manage all HR aspects relating to the FSE team including working conditions, leave, health, fitness for work, personal issues, remuneration and performance management in their role.
- Working with the FSEs and Technical Training Academy, establishing individual technical and soft skills training plans for each FSE to reach individual potentiality.
- Ensuring that each FSE maintains their currency for any high-risk work licenses that are required for them to perform their work.
- Interfacing with Installation Managers and Service Managers across the Asia Pacific Region to clearly understand and establish the business requirements for FSEs on sites across the region.
- Working together with the other Resource Managers in the Asia-Pacific region and globally, assign the FSEs to work orders across the region, based upon the expertise and experience of each of the FSEs and based upon business requirements.
- Assisting in developing long range forecasts for regional resource requirements in terms of technical skillset, timing, and resource numbers.
- Supporting global activities focused on the development of the global FSE resource pool.
- Managing the utilization of FSEs and the costs associated with the FSEs, to meet business financial targets.
- Working closely with the regional mobilization specialists and with individual FSEs to ensure that visas and work permits for international work are obtained in a timely manner and that travel requirements such as passports, medical check-ups and resumes are always current and up to date.
- Ensuring that FSEs travel to the various sites on work assignments on time and in accordance with Baker Hughes travel policies and procedures.
- Managing the fatigue and workload of each FSE, all IT requirements and PPE procurement and timesheets & monthly timesheet submissions to ensure FSEs are paid correctly.
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have Bachelor's degree or relevant technical qualification from an accredited university or college.
- Demonstrate proven history as a self-starter with successful leadership skills and performance.
- Show proven project management skills in Oil & Gas, Mining, Construction and/or Energy Industries
- Demonstrate previous work experience in resources sector; On-site Services, Maintenance, and Installation for Engineering and/or Services companies.
- Be able to demonstrate individual believe in the importance of an on-site HSE culture.
- Be able to work under time pressure, demonstrating clear thinking, decisiveness, and an understanding of the key factors at play.
- Be able to work professionally, positively, and safely under tight time constraints.
- Be able to integrate closely with the existing TPS team and demonstrate teamwork and cooperation.
- Have proven ability to establish and maintain positive and constructive relationship with customers at all levels.
- Be fluent in written and spoken English and have effective communication skills
- Be able to work nationally and internationally, within a large, global organization.
- Show familiarity with common PC software tools with a good working knowledge of Microsoft office.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working remotely from home or any other work location is possible.
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit in everything in and work when you are the most productive is possible as per Supervisor agreement.
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.