Skills: Process Engineer
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Wood is currently looking for a Process Engineer to strengthen our team in Dubai.
- Reporting to the Senior Process Engineer, the candidate will assume sole responsibility for assigned process engineering work scopes.
- To carry out process discipline work within a FEED project team, supporting the project team for field development of oil & gas production facilities.
- To plan, budget, organize, and control a segment of the process engineering deliverables for the project.
- To prepare process deliverables for a project FEED in the oil and gas industry, and ensure that they conform to all applicable engineering codes and standards as well as the Client's policies and procedures.
- To ensure that all work is completed without compromise to quality and is delivered according to the project schedule.
- To provide direction and guidance on all process engineering technical queries raised by either internal or external parties.
- To liaise with the Client's Engineering, Operations and Maintenance staff as required to ensure a consistent approach to project completion.
- To promote safe behaviour at all times.
- To provide sound technical advice and solutions to a diversity of technical problems within the discipline.
- To co-ordinate with other engineering disciplines and client representatives during all stages of design development.
- To as sist in the coordination of all activities related to process engineering design.
- To identify any areas of concern with respect to progress and/or quality and recommend corrective actions as required.
- To collect Information from the plant and Operators
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in Chemical Engineering.
- Membership of a recognised professional institute preferred.
- Minimum of 6 years' experience in the oil and gas industry.
- Operational support / construction and commissioning experience.
- Experience of working with multi-national and multi-cultural project teams is strongly preferred.
- Previous experience of working in the Middle East would be an advantage.
- Previous experience on hydrate formation and mitigation would be beneficial.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of process engineering design and analysis.
- Thorough awareness of relevant international codes and standards.
- Familiar with the typical software packages that are used for process engineering design.
- Experience of the application of HAZOP, HAZID and SIL Rating to Process Design.
- Experience with Concept Selection and FEED studies.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.