Skills: Budget / Cost Control, Cost Engineer, Project Controls
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Basra, Iraq
NES Fircroft are looking for a Projects Cost Lead to work for a major operator in Iraq on a 28/28 rotation.
This role requires a talented and experienced project cost professional to support the projects portfolio.
The Project Cost Lead will direct, oversee and actively participate in the following activities:
• Manage the projects input into the 5 year plan
• Manage the preparation of the Projects AWP&B and actively participate in the integration of activity across the departments to ensure a robust and deliverable annual work plan.
• Prepare and robustly support the AFEs
• Maintain the cost tracker to monitor and track the overall project budget, forecast and actual costs.
• Develop and maintain a phased forecast profile based on Value of Work Done (VOWD) and use this to compare variances with Annual Budget, multi-year estimates and monthly forecasts
• Develop a process to track trends and changes
• Monitor all cost data provided by contractors assigned to the project and Validate contractor data for accuracy and compliance with project controls requirements stated in the contract
• Ensure budget exists prior to award of the contract or approval of the purchase order
• Develop and maintain forecasts of the most probable cost outcome
• Coding of all requisitions, purchase orders, contracts, invoices
• Verify contractor invoices: Comply with contract terms and conditions, comply with the established Delegation of Authority, and are processed on time
• Agree with Finance & Accounting how accruals will be developed and transmitted and maintain a record of accruals
• Respond to Internal and External audit queries, and support the Financial Controller on audit exceptions pertaining to Projects Team
• Support the senior estimator in cost input for the stage gate deliverables
• Support the senior estimator in cost estimates
• Establish and maintain relationships with project, partners and function to obtain and exchange data and information.
BS degree in Engineering or Chartered Status or Accreditation with AACE or equivalent experience
• Extensive experience in project cost engineering / control positions in Oil and Gas related projects
• Previous experience of working within a multi-cultural and multi-discipline environment is preferred
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to deliver exceptional results in difficult project environments.
• Advanced Excel; good Word and PowerPoint skills
• Good organisational skills
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.