Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Skills: Accounting, Secretarial or Administrative
Other Skills: Purchase Ledger, Accounts Payable
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Hydrasun is a recognised market leader in the provision of integrated fluid transfer, power and control solutions. We are focused on supporting the energy transition through our work in the oil and gas, renewable energy, general industrial and marine industries worldwide.
We are recruiting for a Purchase Ledger Assistant on a fixed-term basis to cover maternity leave within our Finance department in Aberdeen. It is anticipated that this contract will be up to 18 months in duration.
The Finance Department is a key area within the Group, and it's aim is to provide:
- effective financial transaction processing
- relevant and timely financial management information and analysis
- advice and guidance for effective business management
- assurance of necessary compliance with statutory and regulatory financial requirements
The role of the Purchase Ledger Assistant is to support the above, with particular emphasis on transaction processing.
Essential Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
- Experience in Finance / Accounts within an Accounts Payable Transactional role.
- Good computer literacy - particularly in MS Excel and Word.
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
- Team Player.
- Conscientious, reliable and hard working.
- Customer focus (internal and external).
Desirable Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
- Educated to HNC level (or equivalent) or higher.
- Oil & Gas industry experience.
- A good understanding of financial or ERP Systems and knowledge of basic accounting.
The main responsibilities of the role are to work within the Purchase Ledger area of the Finance Department to maintain the completeness and accuracy of the Purchase Ledger ensuring that:
- are correctly scanned
- are correctly authorised
- are matched to GRN's and PO's as appropriate and discrepancies investigated and cleared
- receive appropriate credit notes from supplier if necessary
- are entered into system with appropriate coding and narrative, including VAT reporting
General Purchase Ledger
- Reconciling supplier statements on periodic basis and following up discrepancies
- Resolve instances of Invoiced, Goods Not Booked In as well as GRNI in a timely manner
- Setting up new supplier accounts and making changes to standing data, ensuring accuracy of data entered
- Maintain good working relationship with suppliers, projecting professional image of company at all times
- Advise Finance Manager on any cost saving, cash flow or efficiency opportunities that are observed from processing invoices
- General Enquiries
Electronic filing of supplier evaluations and amendments
To assist with other activities as and when required
Continuous Improvement/Personal Development
- To be responsible for knowing and understanding the Finance department targets and objectives
- To be responsible for understanding, agreeing and achieving personal objectives set by line manager / Department head
- To ensure adequate cover is available for (un)planned absence
- To adhere to the procedures as laid down by the HSE Management System and Quality Management System
- To adhere to the procedures as laid down by the Human Resource Management System and to take an active part in the Performance Management Process and the Competence and Training Programme
- To adhere to any duty rota which may be in force
- To complete timesheets on a timely basis
- To put forward any suggestions for improvements
- To attend formal Team Briefings when requested in your own time
- To be a team member and actively promote communication and information sharing
Hydrasun is a leading specialist provider of integrated fluid transfer, power and control solutions to the energy industries, successfully delivering flexible hose, integrated instrumentation products, umbilical solutions and integrity management services worldwide.
Our product and service offering is driven by customer requirements to continuously improve safety, quality, technical integrity, reliability, environmental awareness and value for money. Through our established global network of operational bases and partnerships we offer:
•Umbilicals & Subsea Connectors
•Hydraulic Power & Control
•Instrumentation & Process Control
•Engineering & Technical Support
Hydrasun currently exports to around 60 countries, which has included developing significant sales in countries such as Angola, Brazil and USA. The company has international operational bases established in Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, UAE, Brazil and The Netherlands as well as a further presence in West Africa and the US Gulf of Mexico.
The company’s global staff numbers have increased by around 100 in the past year to a total workforce of nearly 600 currently.
Hydrasun was recently awarded the coveted Overall Global Business of the Year at the Northern Star Business Awards 2012, along with awards for Achievement in International Business and Outstanding Contribution to Society.