Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
Wood is recruiting a Mechanical Engineer to work in our St. John's office on offshore brownfield oil and gas projects.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring project schedules and client approved budgets are managed and met.
- Preparing detailed Cost, Time & Resource estimates based on client supplied work scopes.
- Ensure design, analysis and specifications are in accordance with applicable codes, governing statutory regulations, Wood procedures, offshore installation specific design philosophies and meet project objectives and industry best practice.
- Adhering to all HSEQ requirements within the Mechanical Engineering discipline in accordance with Wood procedures and management systems
- Originating and checking of documentation including but not limited to drawings, specifications, data sheets, SDRL's, and reports.
- Preparing BOM's and RFQ's for mechanical equipment
- Providing package management and oversite
- Travelling offshore as required for surveys and construction support
Skills / Qualifications
Candidates should possess the following qualifications:
- Engineering Degree and Professional Engineer registered (or eligible for registration) with the Professional Engineers & Geoscientists of Newfoundland and Labrador
- Relevant offshore and/or industrial experience
- 5+ years of experience in oil and gas industry
- Any equivalent combination of experience and / or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved may also be considered.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.