Are you an experience Engineer looking for a new challenge?Do electrical controls excite you?
Join our team
Partner with the best
Working primarily in Electrical engineering in product development, design, sustaining, or R&D. Responsibility is limited to projects of minimal complexity, scope and impact. Assignments are outlined in detail. Receives close supervision on almost all aspects of a project. Work-in-progress is checked frequently and completed work is reviewed in detail. Sphere of influence limited to immediate supervisor and workgroup.
As an Engineer - Electrical Controls, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Work under the guidance of engineering technical leadership to achieve a streamlined solution that ties into the overall system requirements.
- Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements.
- Gather high level requirements and generate technical requirements for the specific system.
- Document technical data generated by the assigned project consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
- Participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and generic issues; Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews.
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
- Support supply chain / manufacturing / vendors with any issues they may have when manufacturing a system or sub-system.
- Ability to direct designers to produce all engineering drawings such as Assembly Drawings (A/D), General Arrangement drawings (G/A) and Electrical schematics and Wing Diagrams (S/D).
- Perform all required calculations and analysis (Cable sizing, wire ampacity and types, etc..).
To be successful in this role you will:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in controls design / application engineering
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Effective problem identification and solution skills.
- Proven analytical and organizational ability.
- Ability to work independently.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too.
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input.
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.