Skills: Painting / Coating / Blasting
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
Wood is actively recruiting for Ad hoc Offshore Industrial Painters.
- Application of industrial coatings. Includes application of various coating systems, material handling, use of equipment such as blast pots and pressure washers, and use of various hand and power tools.
Skills / Qualifications
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must have an understanding of all relevant standards, specifications, rules, regulations, etc. (Experience with Permit to Work (PTW) systems is an asset)
- Able to execute work and apply coatings in accordance to agreed guidance documents (i.e. work packs, work instructions, procedures), manufacturer's recommendations and governing specifications
- Preferably a Journeyperson Painter with experience working in an industrial setting
- Experience in the application of coatings in an offshore environment considered an asset but not mandatory
- Must be familiar with coating (i.e. phenolic, epoxy, glass-flake, etc.) products/systems
- Experience in the application of Passive Fire Protection (PFP) considered an asset.
- Knowledge of sand blasting and industrial painting techniques/equipment
- Experience using mechanical/hand tools, abrasive wheels, low pressure washing, compressors (diesel and electric), etc
- Working with high pressure blasting equipment on large objects/structures
For this position, training is required for offshore travel. While it is preferred that candidates already have the below certifications, required training will be provided.
- Basic Survival Training (BST) including HUET and HUEBA
- Hydrogen Sulphide (H 2 S) Alive
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS 2015)
- Offshore Safety Regulatory Awareness
- NL Fall Protection
- NL Confined Space Entry
- Emergency First Aid
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.