Skills: Laboratory Ops / Tech
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client is looking for a Laboratory Technician for a contract position, located in Aberdeen.
To conduct testing in Aberdeen laboratory including but not limited to swells, fluids, dissolvable materials, is done efficiently, safely and in a timely manner
· Control of laboratory testing including setting up, planning, performing and reporting of the tests.
· Control of fluids, chemicals, consumables in the lab and ensure paperwork (MSDS, COSHH) are in order.
· Ensuring appropriate QHSE paperwork is kept up to date including daily maintenance, calibrations and stock checks.
· Support of development (ZI, SC and cross-departmental) projects within the given timeframe.
· Perform elastomer testing for production facilities.
· To demonstrate commitment to the quality of service, including quality of records produced, aiming at meeting and exceeding customer expectations;
· To demonstrate personal commitment to protection of Health, Safety and the Environment;
· To follow company QHSE Policy, relevant operational procedures, HSE procedures and risk assessments;
· To communicate and report on any perceived non-conformances or faults in the service provided or in the company's Quality or HSE Management Systems.
· Higher grade level or equivalent, with Maths/Science and English
· Good problem-solving abilities displaying a logical and pro-active response
· Show a strong understanding of testing requirements
· Strong communication skills and ability to deliver well written and constructed technical documentation
· Ability to use standard Microsoft office packages, e.g. excel, word, powerpoint
· Demonstrate an ability to work unsupervised and exercise initiative to resolve potential problems
· Relevant technical or practical skills for the understanding and deployment of completion technology
· Higher grade Chemistry
· Laboratory Experience
· Demonstrate a strong ability under pressure to meet test expectations
· Must demonstrate an ability to effectively utilise dedicated resources, and the ability to plan, control, and take responsibility for own work
· Must demonstrate attention to detail in all aspects of the job role and have a desire to build and maintain high level of professional relationships
· Must be able to respond effectively to demands of a high and varied workload, tight deadlines and changing job priorities.
Demonstrate a passion for quality, performance and excellence