Skills: Commissioning Engineer / HUC
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Overview / Responsibilities
Under administrative direction of the Commissioning & Start Up Manager in the home office and in the field and capable for managing small to large size complex projects or may function as deputy on mega size complex projects worldwide. This role requires years of supervisory and managerial insights and experiences for planning and executing documented Commissioning and Start up strategies to achieve contractual compliance.
The Lead Commissioning & Start-up Engineer shall be responsible in the commissioning, start-up and initial operations of the assigned Facilities till Handover to the Operations organization.
- Provide overall commissioning engineering expertise to project activities;
- Review and contribute to the Detailed Design contractor's production of the mechanical deliverables;
- Assist with all mechanical aspects related to equipment selection, design, installation, commissioning and start-up planning;
- Conduct project team member briefing sessions with respect to engineering requirements and processes;
- Review and provide discipline input to the Mechanical aspect of the Mechanical engineering aspect of the System Completion Tool;
- Prepare and submit engineering progress data, including narratives, charts, graphs, etc. on mechanical engineering issues to the Engineering Supervisor as required;
- Provide mechanical engineering input for Hazard and Operability (HAZOP) reviews;
- Provide mechanical engineering input for Risk Management activities, as appropriate;
- Review Piping and Instrumentation Drawings (P&IDs) for safe and operable features;
- Provide commissioning guidance and advice to the Detailed Design contractor's engineering and design organization;
- Contribute to and attend Inspection and test plans, including plans for Factory Acceptance Tests (FATS) and Site Integration Tests (SITs)
- Contribute to the development of an overall commissioning and start up logic and schedule, to ensure seamless transition and handover from Construction to Commissioning and to Operation;
- Contribute to contractor's CSU team staffing, including staffing plans, and personnel suitability and adequacy;
- Support the establishment of the strategies, plans and targets for the commissioning phase to ensure that key project objectives are met in respect to HSE, quality/ performance, schedule and cost;
- Support the implementation of the Flawless Project Delivery in the execution of pre-commissioning and commissioning activities;
- Monitor material and equipment delivery and ensure storage, preservation and maintenance are performed and recorded, in line with vendor requirements;
- Review and comment on the Contractors documents including method statements, ITPs, work procedures and practices;
- Drive the Contractors completion plan and transition from area to systems completion, pre-commissioning and handover;
- Cooperate and support the CSU Operations team in the execution of Commissioning & Start-up activities;
- Contribute to the development of an overall commissioning and start up logic and schedule, to ensure seamless transition and handover from Construction to Commissioning and to Operations;
- Contribute to the development of the required overall progress monitoring tools for the commissioning and start up phase and provide timely information of progress to the CSU Manager;
- Verify and validate the Contractors compliance with its scope of work in support of the mechanical commissioning activities;
- Support the development of the commissioning management system and business controls as required to ensure overall project objectives are met.
Skills / Qualifications
- Diploma minimum requirement in Mechanical Engineering qualification
- 15-years total minimum experience in Oil & Gas /Refinery/Petrochemical Industry
- 10-years minimum experience in related designation/specialty
- Significant relevant experience in the design, construction and commissioning of mechanical equipment, both rotating and static, in the upstream or downstream Oil & Gas facilities and with proven leadership capability.
- Skilled in Commissioning & Start-up planning and execution and capable of overseeing embedment of Flawless Start Up initiatives in projects.
- Experience in Contract management.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with good communications skills are essential.
- Thorough understanding of the risks and the technical / commercial issues associated with the development of oil and gas projects and operation of such plants/facilities
- Experience will cover large scale Oil & Gas Facilities and responsibilities in HSE and emergency response in these and/or other plant environments.
- Capable of monitoring and where necessary supporting and/or directing contractors in the C&SU and Operations support areas of their scopes of work.
- Experience in computerized Project Completion and Certification System.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.