Skills: Commissioning Engineer / HUC
Experience: 20 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Overview / Responsibilities
An opportunity is now open for an experienced Commissioning & Start-up Manager (Mega Projects), reporting to the Project Manager. This position is intended to target individuals with experience managing field / start-up teams and have an interest in an ambitious position within the Commissioning & Start-up Team. The team supports the safe and efficient commissioning and start-up of oil and gas onshore and offshore plants. This role is responsible for all start-up projects in the South East Asia region and can be involved in certain projects globally.
- Leading a diverse team during the commissioning and start-up phases of the project and start-up stabilization period bringing new assets on-line
- Transfer of projects from Engineering to Operations - completion of project specific documentation, P&ID's, lessons learned, and project close out reports
- Direct supervision and management of other start-up engineers, contract engineers and other individuals ensuring compliance to AP standards
- Developing work processes and strategies for commissioning and start-up activities
- Develop and execute plans using available resources, maintaining timeline and cost controls, while achieving safety, quality, and business requirements
- Resourcing for new plant start-ups including internal and external resources
- Setting high level strategies and contracting for new facility start-ups
- Providing technical expertise in the area of start-up to the organization
- Working with internal departments, external partners, and customers
- Supporting our Construction and Operations organizations
- Work with both internal and external engineering organizations to ensure design processes include requirements for commissioning / start-up of large-scale facilities
To compliment the start-up activities, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to participate in commissioning and start-up planning, development of work instructions, P&ID reviews, commissioning walk-down inspections, equipment checklists, plans for cleaning / flushing and run in of equipment, Design Hazard Reviews (Pre-Safety Start-up Reviews), Operational Readiness Inspections, Control System FAT / SAT (including function testing and validation) and the implementation / execution of commissioning & start-up management systems.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree - Chemical or Mechanical or equivalent work experience
- 20-years total minimum experience in Oil & Gas /Refinery/Petrochemical Industry
- 10-years minimum experience in related designation/specialty
- Experience in operating or commissioning / start-up of large-scale industrial gas plants
- Strong background in building and leading field-based teams
- Lead by example with regards to following procedures and our highest priority of maintaining personnel safety
- Ability to read P&ID's, isometrics, SLD's and Loop Diagrams
- Field construction and commissioning / start-up experience required
- Represent the Commissioning & Start-up (Americas) Team and Air Products in front of our partners (Project, Construction, Operations, and our customers)
- The ability to understand and the desire to learn a wide array of plant subject areas including electrical, piping, mechanical, controls, instrumentation, systems
- Prioritizing and pulling together the accurate technical teams to commission / start-up new technologies
- Possess strong leadership skills to drive both internal and external teams to their highest performance
- Excellent interpersonal and project management skills
- Excellent communication skills - both oral and written
- Proficiency with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Project, Power Point)
- Typical domestic travel is > 50%, worldwide travel is possible
- Capable of monitoring and where necessary supporting and/or directing contractors in the C&SU and Operations support areas of their scopes of work.
- Experience in computerized Project Completion and Certification System.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.