Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Wood Canada is actively seeking a Vice-President Business Development - Transportation to join our Canadian Growth and Development team.
Please note this role is eligible to work from any major city across Canada.
Wood maintains and fosters a strong Health and Safety culture; our vast array of expertise, size and diversity allows us to perform integrated multi-disciplinary and multi-objective planning, studies, design and construction administration projects throughout Canada. Wood has numerous strong client relationships that are testament to our commitment to understanding client needs, delivering creative value-added solutions and measuring our own performance relative to the success of our clients.
The Vice-President Business Development - Transportation develops influential relationships with current and new clients to sustain and grow the business by identifying and pursuing new opportunities with new and existing clients. T his senior position, reports to the Canadian Growth and Development Vice-President and will work collaboratively with Wood's Infrastructure team (roads, rail/transit, ports, airports,etc.)
- Lead the sustainable growth of the transportation business in Canada
- Develop client relationships, developing leads and securing contracts to achieve business objectives and sales goals.
- Work closely with multidisciplinary teams for the preparation of proposals within the transportation department's core expertise, participating in the review of bid and pricing strategies
- Develop and execute territory and sales/account plans that deliver sales results and client satisfaction
- Engage with the industry and communities to effectively represent Wood and to build high impact and influential relationships with new and current clients
- Collaborate with internal and external individuals at all levels within an organization in a team-based environment
- Maintain the integrity of the client and sales opportunity information (CRM)
- Develop and maintain a balanced and focused strategic growth plan for the transportation business, with focus on growing our core strengths
- Coaching, mentoring and developing client account managers
- Network with sector leaders across Wood's organization (globally)
- Lead internal and external client meetings.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (Engineering, Business)
- Minimum of 15 years of working experience in transportation pursuits and projects, especially in the areas of highway, rail/transit and ports
- Experience in transportation industry engineering design, construction, and/or project management techniques required
- Experience with responding to Requests for Proposals, Expression of Interests and Statement of Qualifications
- Experience working with municipalities, counties, Department of Transportation, or other related government agencies is required
- Demonstrated technical skills on major pursuits (Design-Build, P3) with an understanding on the various Transportation consultancy sectors
- Strong business development skills, including experience building and maintaining productive relationships with a client base
- Substantial leadership, communication and team building skills
- Contractually astute
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work in high-pressure situations while maintaining a positive, enthusiastic attitude
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, management, public and external agencies
- High level of initiative and demonstrated ability to manage multiple opportunities with clear expectations and timelines
- Demonstrates excellent verbal/written communications, time management, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Proven experience in Microsoft Software Applications (Word, Excel, Power Point).
Specific technical areas of expertise sought include:
- Strategic planning
- Alternative deliver methods for infrastructure projects
- Cross discipline selling
- Transport Sector Economics and Financing
- Legal/Regulatory Restructuring (Road Funds and Trucking/Cross Border)
- Political Economy
- Intermodal Transport
- Environmental, regulatory and Social Considerations
This position will require periodic travel to in-country client sites. Wood's TransportationVice-President will provide leadership and strategy for the Canada transportation sector.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.