Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client is looking for an Accounts Assistant for a permanent position, located in Aberdeen.
To perform Accounting Admin duties, providing a comprehensive accounting service to assist the Financial Controller and Financial Director. This position always requires confidentiality and security of all Accounting and Personnel information
- Match PO to Purchase Invoice and Check that all relevant documents are attached and correct.
- Make sure that all purchase invoices are authorised prior to posting.
- Check /Code & Input Purchase Invoices.
- Preparation of Sales Invoices - pass to Financial Controller for checking
- Double Check Coding on Sales Invoices, prior to Posting
- Responsible for the correct Input of Bank Transactions daily
- Collate all Employee Expenses, check code prior to posting, making sure expenses have been authorised appropriately by line Manager.
- Analyse Expenses and work closely with Operations Managers to make sure the correct information has been given.
- Input Timesheets on a weekly basis
- Reconcile Supplier Statements
- Prepare payment Runs and post payments into system.
- Send out Customer Statements along with Credit Control.
- Make sure that Creditors and Debtors are up to date any concerns point out to Financial Controller or Finance Director.
- Reconcile all Bank Statements (Sterling and Currency) - Sign then Pass to Financial controller for checking and signing.
- Monthly reconciliation of Petty Cash
- Prepare Pre-payment schedule and Accruals for Month End
- Journal Input (Pre-payments and Accruals)
- Check all Timesheets are in the system.
- Update Asset Schedule
- Prepare the monthly PO analysis and Input Journal.
- Prepare the WIP Schedule and Input Journal.
- Assist Financial Controller with reconciliations.
- Prepare PO for Office Stationary / cleaning products & Protective Covid requirements.
- Assist Financial Controller with any other accounting duties as and when necessary.
- Assist Finance Director and Financial Controller with any duties that are required.
- Participates in the Audit Process / analysis and Reconciliations.
- Assists with P11D information (Presently not Required)
- Assist with any duties that are required at Year End.
- Attend and participate in meetings as required.
- Attend training and develop relevant knowledge and skills.
- Comply with the company's QHSE and HSE Management System.
- Liaise with project staff as and when required.
- Accountancy qualification preferred and or extensive equivalent accounting experience.
- Requires a full knowledge of accounting procedures.
- Working Knowledge of 'Access Dimensions' an Advantage
- Knowledge of Accounts to Trial Balance stage.
- Knowledge of 'Bankline' system
- Knowledge of Project Working an Advantage...'System Focal Point'.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Applications Word, Excel, and Office.
- Experience of various accountancy environments and systems.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Computer literate.
- Quick learner
- Articulate and able to converse with senior staff.
- Accuracy with an Eye for Detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- An awareness of customer care.
- Ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team.
- A Flexible, adaptable, and co-operative attitude.