Skills: Planner / Scheduler
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Atyrau, Kazakhstan
Wood (trading locally as JSC WOOD KSS) is currently recruiting for a Lead Planner with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry (for KZ passport holders).
This position requires a Lead Planner who can be hands on in producing daily detailed planning deliverables and work as part of the team whilst also being able to review and plan at a strategic level to maximise schedule performance.
- Liaise with Estimating/Project Engineers/Lead Engineers/Client and others as appropriate to identify and quantify project scope
- Prepare plans in conjunction with those responsible for their execution, for all project work in accordance with project procedures
- Development, management and distribution of Level 1, 2, 3 and 4 project plans as required for each element of work authorised by the Client
- Review externally produced plans to ensure they comply with the needs of the project
- Collate and download progress as provided by those responsible for the execution of the work
- Progress reporting including man-hour, progress and productivity reports/histograms/fully developed working plan/s-curves/forecasts
- Identify areas where performance is at variance with the baseline plan and discuss corrective action with those responsible for the execution of the work
- Review and monitor planning processes and procedures to maintain a continuous improvement programme
- Control of Engineering CTR/Job card data
- Support Project Engineers during regular progress meetings
- Produce ad-hoc plans as required within the contract
- Interface with cost control department to forecast final man-hour estimates expenditure
- Liaise with the Estimating/Project Engineers/Lead Engineers/Client and others as appropriate to identify and quantify project scope
Skills / Qualifications
Degree or equivalent technical qualification
Demonstrable experience in a relevant industry position where robust planning was key to the ongoing success of the project
Skills typically acquired through 10 or more years' experience
Experience of a leadership role in Planning and Scheduling with the ability to manage a team
Expert in writing reports
Good communications skills to ensure correct information is being sought and received from all other departments.
Experience with supervision and developing potential in others
Experience using computer based planning software, preferably Primavera
Ensure an appropriate level of interface and engagement within your team, the client and WoodKSS
Experience, with previous work history associated with Brownfield Modifications
Extensive knowledge of project planning and controls
Self motivated, high level of delivery focus
Accepts responsibility, good decision making, planning, organisation and initiative
Ability to work within multiple teams and deal with changing priorities
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.