Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Muntinlupa, Metro Manila, Philippines
Wood has an opportunity for an experienced Control & Automation Engineer , an exciting & challenging role on the BSP Offshore Rejuvenation project .
Successful applicants will be responsible for the execution and delivery of the Control and Automation Engineering. This will include producing, design reports, data sheets, specifications, F&G mapping and C&E. This is an end to end rejuvenation scope and as such, will involve interfacing with other disciplines like, planning, construction, procurement, HVEC and client operations.
You will be expected to work in a multidiscipline team environment where the overall success of the project is paramount. Wood is looking at a right first-time approach and as such, we are looking for candidates who can rise to a challenge and are interested in being part of an innovative and driven team.
- Execute all Control & Automation Engineering activities
- Maintain technical integrity
- Deliver and support a strong HSE culture
- Work within budget and schedule limits
- Assist other disciplines to achieve their goals
- Support Management where required
- Participate in relevant meetings, such as HAZOP, SIL, C&E, Design Reviews and PEER Reviews
- Take full cognizance of Health, Safety and Environmental issues
- Liaise and interact with other disciplines to ensure overall project goals are met
- Utilize suitable technology to increase efficiency
- Be fully conversant with Process safety and ensure its implementation within the Control and Automation design
- Ensure all work reflects the context of a Brownfield Rejuvenation Project
- Ensure all deliverables are aligned with company and client procedures and national standards
- Keep up to date with latest procedures, client requirements and legislation
Skills / Qualifications
- Relevant degree or equivalent in Control & Automation Engineering
- Conversant with relevant international standards and Codes or Practice
- 7 years' experience 5 years of which must be related to the offshore oil and gas industry
- Have knowledge of Control and safeguarding philosophies and specifications
- Have knowledge of design and installation of foundation fieldbus systems, process control and measurement principles, pneumatic and electrical control and / or monitoring systems, fire and gas detection and protective systems, metering and monitoring brownfield rejuvenation
- Member of a recognized institution and registered Professional Engineer / Chartered Engineer
- Worked in an EPC environment
- Working knowledge of Shell's DEPs
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.