Skills: Piping Engineer
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Wood is seeking to add an experienced Piping Engineer to support our team in Calgary and Edmonton.
The Piping Engineer is responsible for:
- All piping activities including Plant layout, Piping design and layout, Piping stress, Piping materials and regulatory aspects.
- Generating new Piping specifications, expand / update current specifications, deviation on specifications.
- Generating technical decision records and project decision records as related to Piping engineering.
- Perform Pipe Stress Analysis using Caesar II, AutoPipe
- Stress Analysis and support engineering in downstream projects of Upgrader, Petro Chemicals such as Methanol, Ethylene and Refinery Piping
- F amiliar with Delayed Coking Units and cyclic nature of the process.
- D esign and approval of coke drum piping designs and other services such as blowdown towers and other critical piping
- F amiliar with coke drum and associated piping system monitoring including thermal gradient, inspection, fatigue life and impact of banana movement
- Design of Pipe Supports
- Calculation using WRC 107 and WRC 297
- Perform calculations using FE Pipe, Nozzle Pro
- Familiarity with Transient Analysis
- Create, specify and maintain data sheets for Specialty Piping(SP) items, such that the items can be purchased
- Review offers from suppliers and perform a technical bid evaluation of the materials offered
- Make a technical assessments and recommendations when required
- Post purchase order placement, review and approve supplier documentation for the related piping components
- Assist with the assemble of piping bulk material requisitions, defining all relevant documentation / requirements
- An awareness and understanding of non-destructive testing examination methods/requirements
- Display an awareness of corrosion characteristics and welding processes
- Visit the supplier's premises to attend kick-off / alignment meetings, the testing of piping components and clarification meetings
- Assist with the preparation of technical work practices to ensure consistent working methods
- Liaise with the engineering disciplines: Piping Design, Process, Instruments, Static & Rotating Equipment, Procurement and Material Control
- Generation of Piping MTO's including sub-components like steam tracing, pipe insulation, pipe coating/painting.
- Planning and Execution
Skills / Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Must be registered as a Professional Engineer or be eligible to register as a P.Eng. with APEGA
- Minimum 15 years' experience in EPCM multi-national companies
- Canadian experience in conceptual, front-end and detail engineering on various large capital projects in oil & gas including Refinery, Upgrader, SAGD, and Petro-Chemicals
- Hands-on field experience in operations and reliability / maintenance engineering, inspections and workshop repairs and turnarounds will be considered an asset
- Knowledge of the following codes: B31.1 Power Piping, B31:2 Fuel gas Piping and B31.3 Process Piping, Z662 and API Codes
- Detailed knowledge and proven application in all aspects of Piping Materials
- Keep abreast of latest technology for piping materials and investigate technical acceptability of new products and methods
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel
- Must be legally able to work in Canada at the time of application
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.