PROJECT MANAGER - Silver Peak, NV
Seeking a Project Manager with CAPEX project responsibility in Silver Peak, NV. This role will primarily function as a project manager managing multiple site manufacturing projects up to $5MM and is accountable for achieving safety, operability, schedule and cost goals on assigned projects. Candidate must be highly motivated to manage and execute multiple projects from concept through start-up with a cross functional team. Responsibilities
- Work with cross functional team to define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with stakeholders; including meetings, setting of priorities, evaluating comments/requests and ensuring stakeholder's approval.
- Manage and drive the completion of multiple concurrent capital projects
- Maintain quality and timeliness of safety activities and deliverables throughout the project delivery process.
- Coordinate resource requirements with other ongoing project work and ensure all stakeholder expectations are aligned.
- Lead project team in generation and review of engineering technical documents.
- Identify and manage scope changes through the project change order system.
- Ensure compliance with company procedures and project documentation requirements.
- Implementation of project controls and cost forecasting.
- Develop cost estimates and control to approved budgets
- Develop schedules and control them to meet approved timelines
- Manage and communicate effectively on project risks
- Execute, coordinate, and manage field construction, commissioning and start-up activities
- Provide routing project updates and reporting to site/corporate leadership
- Work with procurement team to develop contracting strategies and manage capital purchases
- Maintain effective communication throughout the project life cycle
- Work effectively with internal and external customers to meet project objectives
- Minimum of 5 years of engineering experience in the chemical/petro-chemical industry with at least 3 years project engineering/management experience.
- A leader in safety on assigned projects including setting expectations and being visible in the field.
- Experience with SAP project module and other basic SAP transactions.
- Ability to align project objectives and justifications with various stakeholder groups.
- Knowledge of contracting and contracting strategies.
- Experience leveraging outside services in completion of engineering, procurement and construction services to complete projects both as a whole or in pieces.
- Ability to judge the quality of engineering and construction documents.
- Thorough understanding of engineering and construction productivity measurement.
- Basic estimating skills and knowledge of engineering and construction cost structure.
- Ability to drive project definition and secure team alignment.
- Basic understanding of constructability reviews and other value improving practices.
- Basic knowledge of construction labor planning.
- High level of ownership with assigned projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related technical field required.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.