Skills: IT - Analysis & Management, Project Management
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Wood is currently recruiting for a Product Manager with a background in Automation to work as part of our Digital & Technology (D&T) team. This role could be based at any one of our global offices.
The role will be joining a team of people trying to utilise new and existing technology to streamline Wood's design process. This will involve looking at automated design practices that can reduce human intervention through augmented learning. Someone with an operational energy industry background, alongside IT knowledge and experience would be well suited to this role, to bring together engineering capability with technological expertise.
As part of your remit you will be responsible for all D&T Automation Enterprise Program capability and delivery by delivering on your own objectives, whilst overseeing the team responsible for the ongoing development of the program. You will also need to build strong relationships with key stakeholders to really understand business needs whilst driving internal communications.
The Product Manager - Automation is an active, ambitious, versatile person with strong behavioural skills. They will possess the ability to inspire, communicate, and collaborate with a broad range of internal and stakeholders to drive delivery.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree or HND/HNC in Business, Science, Engineering or Computing
- Extensive experience, including experience in a technical product management, discipline management or project management role
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions, technology decisions and strategy relating to delivering client-facing products / services with a focus on Connected Worker solutions
- Demonstrated track record of success working with broad cross-functional teams with the ability to sell ideas and plans to stakeholders, clients and partners
Knowledge & skills
- Proven leadership and influencing skills
- Strong project management and project delivery experience
- Proven experience in managing project, departmental or BU budgets
- Creative thinker who is comfortable researching, exploring, and developing solutions and methodologies
- Strong communicator with excellent presentation skills
- Tenacious, persistent, and focussed on delivery of high-quality outcomes
- Skilled in planning resource and support requirements
- Familiar with agile principles and experience working in agile teams
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.