NES Fircroft is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, an Oil and Gas Operator, is currently looking for a Automation Standards Engineer
for a 1 year contract in Calgary (Likely could be extended).
This position is based in Calgary, Alberta and will report to Automation Subject Matter Expert (SME). The role will function as part of a broader collaborative multi-department Automation, Control and Operational Technology (ACOT) team made up of personnel in Engineering, Maintenance and IT/OT. The primary role and responsibility for this position is to provide Automation discipline engineering expertise and support to the clients CBU's unconventional developments and operations. This position will deliver engineering design, development and support for Instrumentation, Control System, SCADA, and OT solutions to improve and sustain Operational Safety, Reliability and Costs. Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Electrical, Process Control, Instrumentation) or relevant degree/diploma Registered Professional Engineer in Alberta is required. Registered
- P. Eng. in the province of Alberta is required (Professional Engineer in British Columbia is desired but not required)
- Must have experience working with field Operational and Maintenance teams
- Candidates with an ISA Certified Automation Professional (CAP) designation strongly preferred
- 20 + years of relevant upstream oil & gas engineering experience supporting operational facilities
- 20 + years of Instrumentation and design selection strongly preferred
- Candidates with Certified Functional Safety Engineer (CFSE/Exida), Functional Safety Engineer (FS Eng./TUV) experience, or ISA Safety Expert Certification preferred
- Knowledge of Process Control System design, tuning and optimization; Alarm management programs per ISAS18.2 is desired
- Prefer experience with SCADA Pack RTUs and Allen Bradley PLCs. SCADA such as Wonderware, Clear SCADA preferred.
- Familiarity of IIOT applications in a well pad environment would be desirable
- Knowledge of I&C systems engineering design and development including Cause/Effect Matrix, Shutdown Keys, Narratives and System Function Design Basis as well as QA/QC and Factory Acceptance Testing
- Demonstrated commitment to behavioral based safety programs and ensuring incident and injury free working conditions.
- Ability to represent Chevron's interests in a constructive and professional manner during interactions with internal and external stakeholders.
- Project management development including business cases, management presentations and project approvals. Project Engineering and Project Management including team leadership, scope, schedule, and cost control.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.