Skills: Civil Engineering, Waste Management
Experience: 20 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is seeking a Senior Associate/Principal Water Resources Engineer to join our Atlanta (Kennesaw), Georgia office to lead the growth of our Water Resources practice.
The successful applicant will serve as a visionary leader for the Water Resources service line. This service line is targeted for expansion and growth in Wood. The successful applicant will spearhead this growth process by leading the service line business development program and expanding Wood's business in the Georgia area and southeastern United States. A high level of business development and client management responsibilities will be required. The successful applicant will also support projects and programs by ensure that projects are completed correctly, within budget, and on time.
- Serve as a visionary leader for the Service Line
- Lead the service line business development program and expand Woods' business in the GA geographic area. Support regional growth initiatives with FL partnerships.
- Work with our management and strategy and development leadership to establish annual business goals and strategies for the service line.
- Take responsibility for service line financial performance, client satisfaction, staff deployment and development, and office business development activities.
- Provide technical, consulting and project management leadership to staff and participate as a technical consultant and/or project manager on appropriate projects.
- Participate in business development presentations to key clients.
- Responsible for active coordination with Operations Manager (OM), Sector Leaders (SL) and Georgia Service Line Leaders (SLL) to ensure technical capabilities and processes align and support quality standards for the delivery of services.
- Assists OM, SL and SLL in the pursuit of new business opportunities that require an intense focus on the Georgia market. This hire may also get involved in regional pursuits.
- Responsible for the identification of new clients and/or developing additional work within an existing project or with an existing client.
- Represents Wood and interacts in a professional manner with client and subcontractor representatives.
- Brings technical expertise in water resources and uses this ability to lead the technical development of staff, lead project teams in the execution of project deliverables, and provide client facing services.
- Performs analyses for specific portions of broader environmental engineering and environmental projects. Demonstrates competency in a combination of areas, particularly in the field of water and wastewater treatment, storage, conveyance, and permitting while also demonstrating technical knowledge and project management skills.
- Responsible for making correct interpretations of findings and recognizes and identifies inconsistent or inappropriate results. Knows how and when to apply standard practices and techniques to unusual situations and when to consult with more senior-level technical professionals regarding how to resolve a problem, respond to a question, or take an action that is appropriate.
- Directing and performing engineering design for water and wastewater processes including developing process and control strategies and piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs).
- Responsible for ensuring the company's administrative and financial policies and procedures as well as the methods and procedures specific to his/her specific discipline are followed.
- Understands, applies, and oversees safety requirements.
- May have direct staff management responsibilities, including performance management, career development, and mentoring.
Skills / Qualifications
- 20+ years' experience in project and business management (at least 10 years as Project Manager) and relevant technical discipline
- BS / MS in Engineering or Science and Professional Certification / Registration required.
- Significant knowledge and experience providing water and wastewater environmental compliance consulting, including treatment, permitting, and reporting.
- Understanding of various federal and state environmental regulations as they relate to water and wastewater treatment (e.g., NPDES industrial and stormwater, federal categorical standards, Clean Water Act, land application, etc.).
- Knowledge of and experience with industry specific software (e.g., MSOffice, AutoCAD, and MSProject) required.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems.
- Demonstrated task and project management skills.
- Possesses and demonstrates an enthusiasm to develop client and strategic teaming relationships through regular personal contact
- Proven supervisory skills and a leadership style that promotes participatory management technique teamwork, innovation and results
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to establish effective internal and external working relationships.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to develop business from new and existing clients.
- Recognized for technical excellence in the professional community.
- Can lead regional or state-side efforts to identify and win new opportunities. Is a high-level business development ambassador for Wood in public meetings and at industry/discipline/marketing events.
- Has a leadership role in professional committees, panels, and industry associations. Is able to successfully contribute to large marketing efforts that result in new, important opportunities.
- Carefully listens to and processes market information that leads to developing a successful and long-term relationship with a particular client or in a specific market sector that leads to significant profitable work.
- Must pass drug screen, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
- May travel frequently to business meetings and project sites, including sites remote from the office
- Valid driver's license and insurable driving record.
- P.E. certification/registration in related area is required.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.