Skills: Civil Engineering, Civil Construction
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Tioga, North Dakota, United States
Wood is currently seeking a Civil Superintendent to plan and supervise Assistant Superintendents and/or craft activities for a construction project located in Tioga, ND.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
- Coordinate assigned work with work of different crafts, company departments, or other contractors
- Maintain liaison with engineering, estimating, and planning to ensure work complies with drawings, specifications, and schedule
- Assist in resolving construction problems (lack of productivity, work interfaces, etc.)
- Monitor craft compliance with project safety program requirements; document and ensure corrective measures are implemented
- Maintain liaison with other departments (i.e., Material Control, Purchasing, Quality Control, Engineering) to ensure all required materials, equipment, inspections, etc., support craft activities and project schedule
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction
- Delegate responsibility and assure its proper completion
- Additional responsibilities are defined in the relevant process procedure
Skills / Qualifications
- Civil / Structural field installation experience within a power or heavy industrial environment
- Construction experience
- 8-10 years supervisory experience in heavy industrial construction
- Demonstrated ability to supervise 50 or more employees
- Demonstrated planning and scheduling experience
- Four to five years previous experience as a General Foreman or 3 Years as a Superintendent in a single discipline on an industrial construction project
- Previous knowledge of man hour reports, job cost reports, workface planning and estimating is required
- Minimum of 8 years supervisory experience in; similar facility construction technology, methods, equipment, tools and work procedures required
- Advanced understanding of construction scheduling, cost control and ability to control and supervise large groups
- Authorization to work permanently in the U. S. without sponsorship is required
Demonstrated knowledge of, reading & interpreting and working to:
- Civil / Structural design drawings (isometric and orthographic), design guides, specifications
- Civil / Structural Support Drawings and specifications
- Contract documents and site coordination of subcontractors
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, plus demonstrated ability to work across varied disciplines
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, correspondence and memos
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete and abstract variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to type and write. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl. The employee must also occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities include close vision and color vision.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to frequently inspect the project and may be exposed to ongoing construction and various weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment may range from moderate to loud.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.