Skills: Contracts Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Wood is currently recruiting for a Proposals Interface Lead with extensive experience in the Proposal & Estimations background to work in our exciting new Proposals Shared Service Centre (PSSC).
The proposals Interface lead will manage the proposals team activities in taking a proactive and energetic approach to delivering world class winning bids. Responsible for ensuring the workload planning and distribution, technical quality, formatting and linguistic accuracy of materials produced by the team, in support of the business growth ambitions across the respective Business Units (BU's).
Actively engaged in BU Business Development and wider Growth & Development as required. Responsible for ensuring preparation of PSSC workload in support of opportunities and accountable for the data integrity and accuracy within each service agreement back to the BU, reporting and management of activities from the PSSC.
The proposals Interface lead will also stand in for the VP Proposals Shared Services when required and take line manager responsibility for the proposals team in SSC, to grow and develop their competence and capabilities.
Overseeing the proposal activities; accountable for the SSC teams coordinating efforts and ensuring all timelines are met:
- Management of Service Level Agreements (SLA) between the BU and PSSC
- Review, understand and summarise potential opportunities on arrival
- Support the BU's in development of appropriate win strategies, in a timely fashion, and in accordance with schedule priorities as indicated within the SSC database.
- Maintain an understanding of current PSSC activities and strategy to minimise the number of unforeseen proposals and maximise the time allowed for proposal development.
- Adherence to corporate standards/practices and generation of local processes and procedures that are consistent with higher level frameworks (i.e. TGP, IAD, LRM, CRM etc.).
- Ensure lessons learned and best practice are incorporated into all SSC activities
- Ensure the SSC database is kept up to date and aligned with monthly reporting
Responsible for the accurate status of all activities in the SSC, not limited to:
- Support in the production of key reporting metrics against SLAs
- Input to the Monthly reporting cycle as part of the Growth & Development output
- Providing information to support Ad hoc reviews with the VP Proposals Shared Services and BU Proposals, Operations and Business Development as required
Skills / Qualifications
- Skills are typically acquired through completion of an undergraduate degree in engineering, science, business administration, or related field.
- Advanced computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft office tools, Word/Excel/PowerPoint, to advanced template creation and document/data management level (MS Office, Xait, CRM and Documentum experience an advantage).
- 5 years of experience in project execution, operations or sales.
- Leadership and team building skills are essential
- Development of local and remote relationships across wide ranging time zones
- Excellent communication (written and oral) skills
- Analytical approach to process review
- Strong procedural and process driven approach to delivery
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.