Skills: Contracts Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Wood is currently recruiting for a Proposals Coordinator with extensive experience in the Proposal & Estimations background to work in our exciting new Proposals Shared Service Centre (PSSC).
Responsible for the co-ordination and production of assigned proposal deliverables throughout all phases of the pursuit opportunity.
Pre-Tender: Opportunity Management
- Support in all pre-tender activities as required
- Review and Maintain the integrity of opportunity records, supported by the Senior Proposals Delivery Coordinator, Business Development and assigned Pursuit Lead.
- Contribute to relevant meetings in support of the tender preparation - Strategic Kick-Offs, Win-Plan Reviews
- As required by Business Development and Marketing, support the preparation of customer Positioning and presentations in support of submitted / upcoming bids
- Ensure early collation of data, that will support bid Proposal response based on Win Themes to make the Proposal Delivery stage a more efficient and effective stage.
- Lead the Co-ordination and prepare EOI, RFI's and PQs, for review and approval by the relevant BU
Tender: Proposal Delivery
- In conjunction with the assigned Pursuit Lead within the BU, responsible for the development and implementation of a Proposals Management Plan for assigned Tenders
- Prepare working documents and tender templates specific to the tender opportunity
- On arrival of new enquiries from the BU, set up relevant files and distribute the customer packages to the team. Adherence to procedures and process is required.
- Work with the BU Proposal Lead to arrange and schedule all meetings in accordance with the proposal management plan and current processes
- Attend all relevant meetings in support of the tender co-ordination
- Ensure appropriate representation and information is available in line with all approval meetings
- In conjunction with the BU Proposals Lead, ensure the strategy session output to develop the Win Strategy/Value Proposition and 'Why Wood' is incorporated into the kick off meeting and reflected in the tender
- Compile and co-ordinate all documentation in support of the technical and commercial submissions for each tender, in line with current processes, procedures and software programmes
- Using model answers and capabilities statements to initiate responses to tenders, and then working with Subject Matter Experts to provide best in class responses - collate best in class answers and consolidate within the company databases
- Present final tender for review and approval by operations and proposals management within the BU
- Support the preparation of Executive Summaries, working with marketing and graphics team for both electronic and hard copy tenders
- Oversee the Administration of the final submission package both technical and commercial as per the client invitation requirements - Responsibility for packaging, posting and delivery of the client submission resides within the BU not SSC.
- Support the BU with co-ordination and response to all clarifications, drawing on Subject Matter Experts, Line Management and the Pursuit Lead as required
- Support the review and maintenance of the information contained within the client relationship database and folders
- Support preparation and development of any of client presentations and/or proposal pitch to ensure the appropriate focus is maintained on succinctly demonstrating key customer focussed aspects of Wood tender and the benefits we will bring.
Reporting of closed activities from the BU requests into the SSC.
Provision of support to the BU's on activities involving:
- Capturing any new material created in responding to tenders
- Filing and logging all proposals
- Providing accurate information to allow completion of disposition reports by the Proposals management
- Co-ordinating periodic updates to all capability statements and model answers using up to date proposal material
Skills / Qualifications
- Skills are typically acquired through completion of an undergraduate degree in engineering, science, business administration, or related field
- Advanced computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft office tools, Word/Excel/PowerPoint, to advanced template creation and document/data management level (MS Office, Xait, CRM and Documentum experience an advantage)
- Previous experience in the Energy Environment
- Previous experience in Proposals
- Previous experience in Project Engineering, Project Management advantageous
- Strong administrative and organisational skills required
- Development of local and remote relationships across wide ranging time zones
- Excellent communication (written and oral) skills
- Ability to work on multiple bids simultaneously while maintaining focus
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.