Skills: Floorhand / Roughneck
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: USA, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Enterprise Offshore Drilling provides offshore drilling services in the Gulf of Mexico and we believe a successful drilling program starts with PEOPLE.
Enterprise Offshore provides efficient and reliable drilling solutions with a culture that cares. We're committed to world-class safety for our employees and outstanding performance for our clients. Our team is thorough and works hard to complete every job safely and in a cost-effective manner.
Enterprise Offshore Drilling is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibiting discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, color, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state and local laws.
The Floorhand's job is to safely and efficiently operate the equipment on the rig floor which includes the operations of tongs, elevators, pulling and setting the slips while tripping the drill string. Floorhands should be proficient in the use of hand tools, such as sledge hammers, large pipe wrenches, chain tongs and other hand tools used to maintain and repair equipment. The Floorhand performs these and other tasks under the close supervision of the Driller.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates tongs, slips and other equipment required for making up or breaking out tubulars
- Uses manual and automated means to move, position, lift, pull, push, remove and install tubulars and other equipment as needed to complete operations
- Sets and removes slips from the rotary bore and round the tubulars as required
- Washes down rig floor area using high-pressure water, steam, air and cleaning as required
- Ensures all loads leaving the rig floor with the crane are rigged properly and have tag lines attached
- Greases, lubricates and performs minor repairs to rig floor equipment; inspects machinery that is directly related to the drilling operations
- Changes tong and slip dies using hand tools and personal protective equipment; ensures tools and equipment are in a safe operating condition.
- Cleans and services drilling subs and equipment before removing them from rig floor
- Carries out regular painting to maintain rig floor equipment; prepares metal surface for paint using scrapers, portable air operating tools, wire brushes, etc.
- Assist in maintaining the shale shakers in optimum operating condition and performs any required maintenance or minor repairs
- Performs daily inspections and preventive maintenance on derrick structure while using safe operating procedures and proper personal protective equipment
- Assists the Derrickhand with mud mixing operations and checking the properties of drilling fluid
- Assist with deck operations when required
- Assist with assembly and disassembly of the Blow Out Preventer (BOP) stack and assists with running and retrieving BOP
- Relieves Derrickhand in the pump room, or sack room, and on the monkey board derrick if required
- Performs required weekly fire and abandon ship drills
- Performs required well control drills and understands why they are essential to safety of personnel and drilling unit
- Shall assist in specialized tasks such as rigging up, nipping up, running casing or other tasks as directed
- Shall perform work in manner to ensure his personal safety and the safety of fellow crew members and utilize supplied personal protective equipment
- Shall report any irregularities or safety hazards to his supervisors
- Shall ensure hazardous waste is separated and disposed of appropriately
- High school diploma/GED preferred; demonstrated ability to oral and written communications may be substituted in lieu of formal education
- Work experience in the oil and gas industry
- Ability to work 28/28 schedule
- 1 Year of Floorhand Experience Required